Responsible for assembling and testing equipment in a safe and efficient manner.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, tech units and manuals.
- Apply settings, calibrate and maintain assembly tools.
- Pull component parts to produce kits required to assemble tools.
- Perform basic warehousing activities when required.
- Responsible for fulfilling individual goals and objectives as well as contributing to the goals and objectives of the team.
- Responsible for adherence to: work instructions, procedures, processes and documentation relating to the assembly department.
- Ensure the work area is maintained in a safe and proper condition through correct handling and storage of equipment and tools.
- Contribute to the development of the team members
- Ensure HS&E policies and procedures and Quality System Procedures are followed at all times.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Any Other Duties as Required.
- National 5 in English and Math essential, additional pass in Technical subject desirable
- Previous experience in an electro-mechanical environment is desirable.
- Experience of wiring and soldering is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of working in an assembly or production environment is desirable.
- Experience of assembling and testing a number of complex equipment and products is preferred.
- Experience of operating testing equipment is desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering blueprints, safety instructions / manuals; maintenance instruction and procedure manuals is essential.
- Excellent understanding of the responsibilities of housekeeping and safety processes for self and others, displaying an active interest & vigilance in the safety of others, such that the holder can identify, prevent, discuss and rectify hazardous situation is essential.
- Ability to recognize, solve & implement required changes for Assembly related problems.
- Ability to train & coach others in specific operations.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail.
- Organisational skills.
- Communication skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more