Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports to Center IP Counsel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responisble for an Intellectual Property docket with an emphasis on tailoring the portfolio to reinforce technology roadmaps
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications for a global patent portfolio
- Drafts and negotiates development agreements, confidentiality agreements, collaboration agreements, and consulting agreements
- Provides IP review and analysis through all phases of project development
- Partners with research to secure new invention disclosures and recommends appropriate disposition to management
- Advises management on IP risk issues
- Conducts intellectual property training and counsels management on IP legal issues and Company policies
- Supports IP counsel in enforcement matters involving the technology center
- Monitors intellectual property activity in relevant technology areas
- Participates in the Legal Department training and development initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Law degree (JD or equivalent) and member of good standing in state Bar
- University technical degree required, preferably in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, material science or physics
- Preference is for a candidate with 0-4 years of experience after law school, working primarily with patent prosecution and patent law.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US without sponsorship.
- Experience working for a multinational company or representation of a multinational company preferred
- Previous experience working with oil and gas technology preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple simultaneous projects effectively
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.