Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Douglas, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently hiring for a Journeyman Electrician for the Douglas / Wright / Casper, WY areas.
U.S Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S without sponsorship required.
Journeyman Electrician will ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes while assisting operations by maintaining all electrical equipment and repair.
- Determine appropriate actions for work performed based on written, diagrammatic, and/or verbal instructions received
- Inform supervisor of repairs that require a higher level of expertise
- Determine causes of defective performance and make repairs
- Replace faulty wiring and electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices
- Maintain current technical knowledge of government and company policies, codes and regulations
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all electrical equipment
- Responsible for following safety procedures and maintaining safety data
- Adhere to all safety requirements, local NEC, and NEC codes
Skills / Qualifications
Responsible for: Responsible for participating in all safety training and assisting in safety procedures such as first aid, CPR, fire drills and emergency evacuation.
Language Skills: Basic Skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
Mathematical Skills: Basic Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Basic Skills: Ability to solve problems practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardized exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
Technical/Business Skills, Experience, and Training
- Must have experience in the field
- Must meet all WY Licensing requirements for Journeyman Electrician
- Must currently have Wyoming journeyman license or be able to reciprocate
- Registration is required within 6 months of employment.
Competencies, Core Values, and Behaviors:
- Safety and Assurance: All employees shall adhere to the company's HSSE Rules, Policies, and Procedures while actively participating in the Company's Leading Indicator initiatives and activities that will eliminate and minimize risk to him and others. You shall ensure all unsafe acts; conditions and events are reported immediately to your line supervisor or the Company's HSSE Manager and where practical you should stop all unsafe acts and conditions.
- Relationships: Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Social Responsibility: Ensure our daily activities reflect local practices and cultures
- People: Ensure to treat all employees and customers with honesty and respect
- Innovation: Ability to challenge existing tools and processes and suggest change to ensure continuous improvement of our capability
- Financial Responsibility: Foster leadership while maintaining awareness of budget during daily processing of invoices and purchases
- Integrity: Acts with honesty and integrity at all times, maintaining compliance with WGPSN Business Ethics policy during all stages of work
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.