Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Environmental Advisor, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Support the HSEQ Department in all aspects of environmental management and deliverables required to support the execution of work streams related to the Greater Dunlin Area Decommissioning Project including Wells Plugging & Abandonment operations and Subsea Infrastructure Decommissioning, as well as day-to-day platform operations.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide environmental advice and support to relevant Functional Managers on environmental PLANCs. Specifically:
- Support co-ordination and management of environmental PLANCs, including the monitoring of external specialist environmental resources, in support of all wells plugging & abandonment operations, Subsea Infrastructure Decommissioning, Make Safe and Handover activities as well as day to day platform operations.
- Support environmental impact assessments, risk assessments, maintenance of environmental aspects registers, operational waste management and the monitoring of continual improvement programs for company assets.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of all environmental permits and consents issued to company, monitor compliance, development and submission of applications and variations.
- Maintain and enhance the company Environmental Management System (EMS), specifically:
- Develop the EMS in consultation with Functional Managers in order to maintain its validity in terms of company operations and requirements.
- Actively manage and ensure delivery of objectives / targets / programmes.
- Communicate EMS responsibilities and requirements to relevant company personnel, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Assure the environmental performance of third parties through review and audit.
- Inform and provide general and issue specific environmental training support to operations.
- Take a leading role in the development of a proactive environmental culture.
- Identify and implement new methods, techniques and practices to improve environmental performance.
- Support operations as required and develop relationships with personnel at all levels.
- Support and develop Environmental Representative role to improve environmental performance and compliance.
- Regulatory liaison.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Candidates must be qualified to Degree Level in an Environmental field or have equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience / knowledge in the following areas:
o Environmental regulation relating to UK offshore Oil and Gas operations
o ISO 14001 management systems
o Decommissioning operations
o Wells operations
o Pipeline operations
o Waste management
o Auditing / inspection
o Incident investigation
- Ability to work unsupervised and to pro-actively anticipate and deliver environmental permit and consent applications in support of the business.
- Capacity to ensure environmental compliance systems and procedures, including permits and consents are effective.
- Ability to travel offshore for inspections and audits.
- Possessing the interpersonal and influencing skills required to develop close and effective relationships both internally within company and with external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal / written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work within IT data systems to manage reporting data in an auditable manner, and to be familiar and confident in the use of the UK Energy Portal.
- The position is based at the Aberdeen (Westhill) office and occasional offshore visits when required.