Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for an Electrician with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry to join our deepwater team.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
• Assists in operations by maintaining all electrical equipment including safety systems.
• Receives written, diagrammatic, and/or verbal instructions and determines appropriate actions for all work performed; Prepares written work orders for other personnel to complete repair, maintenance, installation and testing task.
• Replaces faulty wiring and electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices.
• Maintains current technical knowledge of government and company policies, codes and regulations.
• Prepares written or computer-generated purchase orders when necessary, maintains proper levels of equipment inventories.
• Responsible for following safety procedures and maintain safety data.
• May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
• May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of offshore experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years offshore experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.