The Demurrage and Oil Loss Analyst conducts all related supply chain performance analysis of hydrocarbon stocks, supply & freight costs, demurrage, oil loss in connection with the operations activities within the Supply Envelope.
1. Contributes to the Enterprise Value add by supporting the Supply Ops team in achieving Operational Excellence through:
- Analyze and report on actual performance against plan/ target
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvements
- Facilitate effective data, information management and knowledge sharing in supply
- Generates transparent leading performance indicators /KPI measurement
2. Maximize financial recoveries for Enterprise resulting from all claims activities to/from third parties, aim always to minimize profit leakage. Works with finance to manage, compute and allocate PT tariffs, freight, demurrage costs and claims to the appropriate cost centers and Shell entities.
3. Ensure data entry and timely payment of claims/ demurrage payables and receivables with counterparties, such as:
- Verification of freight invoices
- Computation of PT and ST tariff
- Ensure freight payment process is on time
- Monitor actual spend value vs Purchase Order and Outline Agreement
- Responsible for the Outline Agreement and Purchase Order creation request
4. Works closely with Schedulers to provide analytical support for
- Lifting performance vs supply plan and demand requirements
- Freight cost analysis and optimization
- Cost variance analysis
5. Carries out performance analysis for shipping activities, such as the utilization of vessel, HSSE, loss/gain, and consolidates and provides data for the vessel recognition awards.
6. Acts as a focal point in feedback sessions with the Terminal Managers. This will include the getting of feedback from the Terminal Managers and Ship owners and converting these feedbacks into actions to improve efficiency.
7. The focal point for the Business Plan/T&R process for Supply Operations, Envelope Supply Operations and Logistics Master Data. Ensures supply chain integrity in the operational systems such as GSAP, TSW (Trading and Scheduling Workbench) and for Channel Optimization planning and Primary Distribution scheduling tool.
8. Functions as TSW and Master data superuser.Company Description
Shell's presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country's developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.Requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in the same field
- Knowledge and experience in data analytics, value chain, contract and stakeholder management.
- The job is a great opportunity for persons with an operational background/experience who want to develop into trading/contracts professionals.
- He/She requires the ability to understand key elements of supply chain and operations, scheduling and transportation, execution of contracts and hydrocarbon management. The candidate is expected to be analytical, attentive to details and systematic in keeping communications /information trail.
- Experience in negotiation, dealing with counter-parties would be an advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.