Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Logistics Coordinator is directly responsible for the operation, control and efficient flow of inbound and outbound shipment. He/she will be a Professional user of the Company Logistics system, and in this role, carry out all operations per established procedures and process
Essential Responsibilities:• Responsible for coordination of domestic shipment, and inbound and outbound abroad shipment.
• Responsible for the generation of accurate shipping documentation and ensuring that the country specific standard operating procedures (SOP's) are followed.
• Responsible for the Customs documentation regarding Bounded warehouse
• Responsible for ensuring within the project that the internal compliance program is strictly followed and that all shipping activities are processed in accordance with the internal code of conduct
• Vendor Contact - transport related issues (air, seagoing, track and road)
• Document organizing, ordering of transport services.
• Carry out transactions in company ERP system, SAP
• Maintains customer focus, both internal and external.
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
• Secure that packing, marking, storage, delivery and shipping of goods is maintained in compliance with Statutory Laws, Regulations, NOG 091 and GE Quality Policies.
• Forklift certificate T1, T2, T4. Preferable T8
• Crane certificate G4
• Reporting to Warehouse & Logistics Manager
• Daily interaction with warehouse and project team
• Occasional contact with subcontractors
• No direct financial control; however responsible of keeping the costs at a minimum.
• No personnel responsibilityQualifications/Requirements:• Shows an attention to detail
• Has good problem solving skills
• Team player
• Ability to structure tasks and responsibilities
• Self-starter and ability to learn
• Shows an ability to think logically
Desired Characteristics:• Some years of Oil and Gas or other relevant industry experience
• Understands and applies commercial and financial principles.
• Relevant industrial experience
• PC Literate: Word, Excel, SAP, MS Project
• Knowledge and experience within project planning, EHS and QA
• Master Norwegian and English both written and verbally
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more