Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary
HR Generalist will work within the HR Operations Team; this centre is the first point of contact for all HR issues such as benefits, general policy queries and other employment related issues. You will be reporting to the HR Generalist - Team Lead. The role itself will involve the handling of all HR queries in areas such as benefits, general policy queries and other employment related aspects with eye attention to detail, whilst implementing actions through the Baker Hughes SAP system or alternatively through the global HR case management system. Direct Responsibilities:
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrate high proficiency in HR processes, policies and standard operating procedures
- Administer day-to-day HR related transactions including promotions, salary changes end of employments, one-time payments, verification of employment and employee inquiries.
- Monitor assigned queries and provide a helpful and timely response across various disciplines of HR
- Receives and responds to requests concerning HR policies/programs
- Provide customer service support
- Escalate complex queries to appropriate owner (inside or outside of HR)
- Assist with data correction specifically for issues that cannot be resolved through self-service
- Monitor team queue in the case management tool and self-assign cases as appropriate
- Log each query in the case management tool, resolve query/request by referring to company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Record and track cases in the case management system, and follow through to ensure each case is resolved within defined KPI.
- Support Data Integrity initiatives in all HR Systems
- Any other duties that reflect the responsibilities of this role, or as assigned by the HRSC management
- Communicate and share processes, policies, and other relevant documentation to employees needed to resolve the query/ iss
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 1-2 years of experience in a corporate HR support or client services role preferred
- 2-5 years of HRIS experience
- Graduate Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Data Science, or related field
- Strong analytics, business, and financial acumen, with the ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Excellent working knowledge of data management best practices and standards
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical resource
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Knowledge of SAP, Neocase, Workday systems and tools
- Understanding of HR policies and processes
- Familiarity with customer service environment and ability to meet identified targets
- Working knowledge of service request management tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, Access, Excel
- Knowledge of Office Procedures
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more