Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Sourcing Specialist will work as the local owner for sourcing of all indirect purchase for BHGE Plant at Coimbatore . These responsibilities include the supplier development, contract management and execution of sourcing plan to ensure realization of the business objectives for the indirect sourcing activities
Essential Responsibilities:- Based on approved requisition, select the competent suppliers providing goods/services and follow the process Indirect sourcing policy
- Partner with key local business stakeholders to ensure source material and services meet the needs of the business
- Must provide identical information through SOW (form user) to all the suppliers and roll out RFQ / RFP to identify potential suppliers
- Negotiate with supplier to ensure that services/goods are availed at appropriate price level and as per the CTQs defined by the requester
- Assures full alignment and implementation of Global/Regional agreements/contracts
- Support, maintain, and update key sourcing tools, processes and systems, preferred supplier list, etc
- Ensure the signing of final agreement/contract and PO by the authorized signatory per business delegation of authority (DOA)
- Assure strict adoption and implementation of all ethics and compliance regulations and train/inform relevant stakeholders
- Ascertain full implementation of agreed contracts, made by applicable Commodity Leaders into the local system
- Be the Sourcing representative and first point of escalation for supplier related issues
- Ensure periodic update of Sourcing Strategy & Performance to Plant/Regional stakeholders
- Ensure Scrap disposal policy is followed, initiate timely actions to renew scrap disposal contractQualifications/Requirements:Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college with 5-8 years of experience in Indirect Sourcing
Desired Characteristics:- Strong negotiation skills
- Hands-on and ability to handle multiple priorities in a high demanding, international environment
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Technical expertise and Risk Assessment Capability
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect with stakeholders
- ERP experience with SAP will be advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate highest level of Integrity
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more