Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Drilling & Completions
HEAD, DRILLING ENGR (COST/CONTROL/BDGT)
Primary Purpose of Job
To develop, manage, supervise, and monitor the Drilling & Completions (D&C) Department operational and 5-year business plans and budget in line with the international industry standards, the DRM, and the QP corporate policy requirements and to manage all AFE's in the department to control the well cost budget.To manage and supervise all Department's monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and all VU Departments Contractor's work execution and contractor's claim disputes.
• B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering Discipline plus extensive petroleum industry courses.
Experience & Skills
Independently determines work practices and methods in accordance with established QP policies, practices and drilling standards during normal & up normal operations.
• At least 15 years oil industry experience in drilling and operations engineering with at least 5 years in a Drilling Operations Engineering role with well site experience and 5 years in a supervisory role relating to drilling activities management, drilling contracts management.
• At least 5 years mastery of budgeting and business planning, financial systems, variance analysis, cost allocation and accrual process. All related to drilling & completions operations.
• Expertise in international drilling industry pricing structures and standards in order to incorporate best pricing structure into QP contracts.
• Understanding of contract and tendering procedures from preparing the tender to awarding the contract.
• Strong negotiation skills to negotiate with contractors and others for all related contracts.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English with excellent computer skills.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.