Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Drilling & Completions
HEAD, DRILLING ENGINEER (CONT/LOGISTICS)
Primary Purpose of Job
To lead the Contracts & Logistics Section with the mandate and responsibility to issue tenders and establish/negotiate contracts and agreements in accordance with the overall contracting plan. To resolve all contracting and tendering/contractual problems as they arise, to achieve the objectives of the Subsurface Development & Exploration Directorate in an economical, safe, and environmentally friendly manner.
• BSc. in Petroleum Engineering Degree or related Engineering Discipline
Experience & Skills
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in the Oil & Gas Field Development & Explorations with at least 3 years drilling rig site experience, 2 years as Petroleum Engineer and 10 years in a supervisory role related to contracts and tendering activities for the drilling, field development, and exploration activities.
• Mastery in tendering and contract process in Oil & Gas Subsurface Operations.
• Proven management skills with the ability to challenge, negotiate and motivate operations staff to deliver their contributions against strict timelines.
• Understanding of the budget preparation and planning for Oil & Gas Subsurface Operations.
• Ability to deliver quality tenders and contracts within firm deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.