Skills: Physicist, Petrophysicist
Experience: 4 + Years
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Not everyone can do this job; but we're not looking for just anyone. Strong management and leadership abilities are what you need to perform this role. As Sr. Physics Scientist you will apply theories, principles and practices to the research and development of new and improved products, processes and procedures. In addition, you will perform routine research and experimentation, document progress, communicate the needs of the consumer, and participate in professional societies. Must also have 4 years of related rock-fluid interaction, fluid-fluid interaction, and 2D/3D techniques for rock-fluid characterization experience. Completion of a Masters degree in Geoscience, Petroleum, Petrophysics or similar Engineering discipline is required. PhD in Science or Engineering is preferred.
PhD in Engineering, Science or similar discipline is preferred, although a Masters in Geoscience, Science and/or Engineering with sufficient experience is acceptable. Skills
The successful candidate should have a majority of the following skills.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to
- Design and implement complex reservoir advanced fluid mechanics theory and develop designs and models for flow modeling.
- Develop and regularly implement advanced reservoir engineering techniques in areas of production decline analysis, well test analysis, fluid flow in porous media, and production simulation.
- Perform numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation and model development on complex multi-discipline projects utilizing existing commercial software and may develop new modeling software
- Prepares detailed project plans and as project manager is accountable for performance of complex projects according to plan. Resolve critical/controversial issues.
The Expertise we are looking for:
- Enhanced Oil Recovery fundamentals
- 2D/3D techniques for rock-fluid characterization
- Scientific and Application Software Development
- Rock-fluid and fluid-fluid interactions
- Advise developers and/or lead the development and testing of software products by providing engineering
- Functions and may provide field support for existing software products.
- Prepares technical training materials, makes technical presentations, and trains other presenters as called upon to facilitate technology transfer.
- Demonstrates innovation by contributing inventions, patents, or new designs/techniques, which are regarded as major advances in the field.
- Participates in and contributes to professional societies through technical papers, officer positions, committee memberships, distinguished lecturer, etc .
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rua Paulo Emidio Barbosa 485, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 21941-907, Brazil
Requisition Number: 75965
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.