BHGE Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) is a worldwide technology leader in the provision of Process and Pipeline Services. Providing, through the combined heritage of Baker Hughes PPS and GE PII, a reliable service that sets us apart from our competitors, and helps promote environmental and public safety.Role Summary
As our Lead Proposal Engineer you will manage a small team consisting of Commercial Operations Specialists within the region. In your role you are responsible for managing all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with the BHGE business rules & ITO (Inquiry to Order) processes and will be liaising with regional leadership on bid related issues.
You will extend to co-ordinate and compile all aspects of the bid preparation process, facilitating and delivering bid and risk related activities for the region; ensuring they are completed on time and to the highest service quality standards.
Technically experienced with extensive experience in P&M Pipeline Pre-commissioning project, good commercial/project management skills with the ability to understand, interpret and respond to technical specifications & documentation within an ITTTasks
- Develop, lead, coach and retain new talent through the provision of clear direction, feedback and development of the team within the region.
- Responsible for the development and provision of on-boarding / training / mentoring / development of new team members in the region.
- Ensure that all new starters within the Commercial Operations team are briefed and adhere to the new starter package.
- Ensure all pertinent bid related data for the region is accurately and entered into BHGE's database in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with the BHGE Process and Pipeline business rules & ITO processes (from enquiry to handover) and liaise with regional leadership on bid related matters.
- Participate in Deal and Risk Reviews, represent the region's commercial status, and project specific matters. Work with the Sales team to facilitate deal and risk reviews to avoid unknown, un-quantified risks during the bid preparation phases.
- Develop strong working partnerships with the other functions (Sales, Finance, Operations Legal, etc.) to enable effective communications, on-time responses, and improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids.
- Ensure and facilitate management of contract negotiations. Implement rigorous, balanced risk mitigation measures in bid preparation phase to enable regional growth while avoiding unknown, un-quantified risks
- Preparation and review of Tenders, Proposals and Pre-qualification responses, including but not limited to the technical, commercial and contractual aspects of these documents. Collation of all documents to be included in the offer, such as pre-qualification documentation, Technical & Operational documentation, QHSE, Pricing, Commercial & Legal exceptions, Certification, Bank Guarantees & Bonds, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate commercial practices and standards.
- Team Leadership experience. Able to motivate and influence in a matrix organization, and able to provide candid feedback in a constructive manner
- Technical knowledge of P&M Pipeline Pre-Commissioning projects
- Prior experience in analyzing, translating & completing complex bids/proposals.
- Prior experience in the Oil & Gas Industry (preferably Process and Pipeline Services) - in a commercial, operational or project management field.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - an understanding of contracts, business financials and commercial risk.
- Positive, can-do approach to work and to problem solving.
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive, energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in a sales/Client facing role and willing and enthusiastic about meeting clients.
- A team player, willing to give additional input as and when required to meet client based deadlines, often at short notice.
- Experience in dealing with P&M projects and equipment.
Position is based in Continental Europe / Caspian regionAbout us
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Learn more
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more