Job Title: PSM EngineerLocation: Beaumont, TexasEmployee: Permanent
The Process Safety Management Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of support duties in the Safety, Health, & Environmental department. Monitor and maintain compliance with the Process Safety Management (PSM) Program and the Risk Management Plan (RMP).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop process safety management through leading the site's Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)/Hazard study programs in order to identify, evaluate and control potential hazards within processes including hazard identification, risk assessments, mitigation planning and project implementation, development of procedures, compliance auditing and compliance reporting.
- Provide expertise on process safety risk identification, assessment and management processes.
- Devises and implements PSM standards and incorporates best practices from industry.
- Coach and develop others in process safety and deliver training to increase PSRM knowledge on site.
- Leads, manages and facilitates the completion of process hazard identification and risk assessments to develop risk management strategies for the facility by identifying potential or actual adverse process safety hazards.
- Plans mitigation of process safety risks and manages projects to implement mitigation plans.
- Reviews MOCs for PSM related items. Ensure PSSR (Pre-Startup Safety Review) are completed for all Management of Change (MOCs).
- Ensures that process safety related documentation for all identified hazards are developed and maintained. This includes reviewing and organizing P&IDs and PFDs as necessary.
- Identifies process safety training needs and provides that training through in-house resources or external consultancy.
- Acts as site point of contact for all process safety related matters and provides day-to-day advice & guidance on process safety issues.
- Ensures that an annual program of PHAs are compiled and adhered to which includes the close out of actions related to PSM and the completion of annual site internal audits.
- Provides engineering technical input into process hazard studies and capital projects.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Health & Safety related field required.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in a high hazard process plant environment required
- Experience designing relief systems preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.