Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Changzhou, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Regional Quality Leader is responsible to lead the quality function within China for the BHGE Measurement & Sensing (M&S) business to improve the customer experience, reduce the cost of poor quality and drive operational improvements for the business.
Essential Responsibilities:1. Lead the Quality function at the Changzhou manufacturing site
2. Lead Quality for all region-based functions, including sales, engineering and services
3. Own the quality team's relationship with region customers for all M&S products and services
4. Promote a quality culture
5. Drive timely and effective resolution of customer issues
6. Sustain and improve an ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS)
7. Establish and deploy site and regional Quality objectives
8. Analyse and communicate adequacy and effectiveness of QMS through performance metrics
9. Ensure compliance with customer, industry, and regulatory requirements
10. Lead site and region level Quality Management Reviews (QMR)
11. Lead internal audits and drive timely closure of findings
12. Coordinate and conduct audits with external authorities, customers, and suppliers
13. Expedite customer specific, complex, and cross-functional NCRs and RCAs
14. Drive simple and effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence of non-conformances
15. Utilize 6Sigma/LEAN methodologies to improve and error proof business processes
16. Execute cost of poor quality reduction measures to drive cost reduction and improve competitive positionQualifications/Requirements:- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years quality, operations, or engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Able to communicate in English & Chinese language fluently
- Preferred background from Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Flow Parts - Electronics Components, Manufacturing
- Possess strong communication skills in handling local vendor and clientele
- Possess people management skills
- Able to work and based in Changzhau (Jianshu)
Desired Characteristics:- Influential, energetic and enthusiastic leader, with the drive, ambition and resilience to make things happen and deliver outstanding performance
- Site quality leadership experience
- Experience leading direct reports
- Detailed knowledge of ISO9001
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Internal audit experience
- Lean Six Sigma is added advantage
- Strong issue resolution and RCA (Root Cause Analysis) skills
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Process mind set with strong focus on implementing sustainable improvements
- In depth knowledge of fulfilment business processes
- Prior industry experience and familiarity with Measurement & Sensing products and services
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more