Skills: Drilling Manager, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Plan and direct drilling, well completion and work over operations for GDI, ensuring that all operations are thoroughly researched, engineered, programmed and implemented in a safe and effective manner
- Prepare Well AFE estimate for a variety of scenarios ranging from "Best Case" to "Worst Case"
- Review & endorse approval drilling programmes.
- Develop casing design, generate pore/fracture pressure profile /casing seat selection.
- Generate pore/fracture pressure profile /casing seat selection.
- Conduct drilling well on paper (DWOP), testing well on paper (TWOP) for relevant 3rd parties & crew members.
- Visit rig-site for well pre-spud meeting for relevant rig crew.
- Oversee overall drilling/completion operations on a daily basis.
- Bottom-Hole Assembly & Bit design & selection.
- Drilling mud design to suit formation drillability, bottom-hole pressure & bottom-hole temperature.
- Prepare cement slurry design, cement calculations, primary/secondary, plug and abandonment jobs.
- Conduct DWOP (Drilling Well on Paper), stimulation well on paper (SWOP) and Testing Well on Paper (TWOP) review with Clients.
- Prepare Drillstem Testing (DST) / Stimulation/ Well testing Programmes.
- Offset data review for relevant wells.
- Prepare operation bridging documents prior to rig operations start-up.
- To supervise and mentor the Drilling Engineer on a daily basis to ensure that all assigned tasks are efficiently completed.
Champion Rig Shut-down Root Cause Analysis; using TOPSET Senior Investigators' Technique.
- Conduct technical studies with regards to drilling / work-over program, discuss planned reliability and integrity of drilling equipment, drilling systems, down-hole tools, well control equipment, tubular and rig equipment spare parts.
- Specify Blow-out Preventer (BOP) & wellhead design, selection, configuration, QA/QC & testing for complex wells.
- Provide technical advice on well control equipment purchase & major maintenance/re certification by OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or OEM Approved Repair Facility (approved 3rd Party).
- Design Engineer for new rig specifications.
Provide technical support for daily rig operations, equipment/tubular specifications & inspection criteria, documentation, non-productive time analysis, down time control and contracts/tendering.
- Prepare technical tenders for drilling equipment vendor as part of selection criteria.
- Prepare or review rig contract submittals related to rig equipment and down-hole tools, to identify variances with respect to scope of work to ensure the company's requirements are met.
- Raise technical variations as per client tender document so as to adequately address any short comings.
- Review equipment being procured to make sure it complies with industry standards.
- Prepare operational procedural documents and their updates.
- Prepare rig documentation, material specifications and manuals.
Operation Program Review:
Scope of Works and Technical Bids:
Testing and Commissioning:
Inspection & Quality Assurance:
Policies & Procedures:
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS: