Skills: FPSO / FPU
Other Skills: Deepwater
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
We are seeking an FPU Manager for a long term contract assignment in Houston, TX. Ideal candidates will have EP and Deepwater experience.
- Provide project management and leadership of FPU Package during all project phases from FEED, through tendering / award of major contracts and into execution
- Ensure highest level of execution for the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of the FPU throughout the various phases of the project
- Ensure safe, on time and within budget delivery of all elements of the FPU Package scope of work (technical, HSEQ, contractual and commercial) whilst ensuring a high level of quality consistent with a project design life of 20 years
- Ensure appropriate business systems and processes are available and implemented within FPU Package appropriate to the work activities
- Ensure that all FPU Package work activities are performed in compliance with project technical requirements and fit for purpose
- Provide effective leadership in identification and resolution of FPU Package interfaces
- Ensure identification and resolution of detailed interface issues, in conjunction with managers / senior discipline engineers, in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Provide leadership within FPU Package work activities for all HSSE performance and compliance including monitoring of performance, implementation of corrective measures for performance issues and pro-active implementation of schemes / activities to improve upon good performance.
- Ensure that all FPU Package work activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements
- Maintain the highest standards and full compliance with the Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy
- Provide effective leadership in Quality performance and compliance.
- Ensure that all FPU Package work activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Quality Assurance and Control and that suitable verification / audit programs are implemented to verify performance of the FPU Package work activities is in accordance with Project requirements
- Monitor and manage all facets of work within FPU Package to ensure that schedule, cost / budget, technical, quality and HSES requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
- Identify and manage all necessary FPU engineering studies (internal or via Third Party) within the project specified scope of work (in accordance with Project requirements for HSE, schedule, cost and quality)
- Provide leadership during design reviews, HAZIDs / ENVIDs, constructability reviews, workshops etc.
- Establish an FPU Package Project Execution Plan, an HSE Management Plan and a Quality Management Plan, ensure content of each plan and expectations are communicated to FPU Package team
- Establish an FPU Package organization and organization chart matched to the relevant project phase and ensure that resources are identified, mobilized and demobilized in accordance.
- Prepare, issue and closely manage the FPU budgets in compliance with COMEX approved budgets
- Establish an accurately defined schedule for all phases of the FPU Package work and maintain up to date.
- Maintain up to date history of the cost and planning evolutions during the project, prepare justification dossier to support and change request implying cost and planning impact.
- Review and control contractor(s) execution plans to ensure compliance with the contract requirements, identify and ensure necessary adjustments implemented.
- Take responsibility for the FPU design to comply with the main project drivers, and in the continuity of the pre-FEED stage to consider GOM practices as much as acceptable by The Company relevant corporate entities, with the objective to maintain a lean and light design.
- Ensure adequate contractor and Company organization to manage all procurement activities linked to the FPU and to maintain traceability and quality of any item procured for the FPU
- Take the ownership of the yard selection, manage the full construction call for tender process and be the primary responsible for the FPU construction execution plan
- Take the leadership of the interface and the coordination between the detailed engineering contractor and the construction contractor(s) to guarantee a smooth and continued engineering process from the detailed engineering to the construction engineering with the yard(s). Responsible to propose and implement the relevant organization and processes for this purpose.
- Will be accountable for the implementation of the adequate construction team(s) on the construction site(s) to supervise and monitor construction activities and control construction contractor(s) progress
- Prepare the FPU installation phase and take all the necessary step in due time for this, in liaison with all other packages (UFR, Drilling and Field Ops in particular) to ensure a successful and safe installation of the FPU on site.
- Maintain responsibility for the FPU up to the final hand over to the field operations team, post installation and commissioning phases.
- Bring to earliest attention of the Deputy Project Director issues which present a significant threat to the Project and offer mitigating measures / work plans
- Represent FPU Package at both internal and external meetings, being responsible for the communication of the FPU package with the Partners under the leadership of the Deputy Project Director.
- Ensure that FPU Package work obligations are documented and delivered.
- Liaise with other packages in relation to resolution of FPU Package interface issues.
- Provide reporting function towards Project Director for all FPU Package work activities.
- Define, monitor and manage work tasks with external consultants and contractors as required.
- Ensure implementation of Project 'digital' requirements within the FPU Package and cascade requirements into FPU Package contracts
- Prepare (as appropriate), review and comment FPU Package internal project documentation and external consultant / contractor project documentation.
- Become thoroughly conversant with Project documentation, specifications, procedures and requirements.
- To gather 'lessons learnt' and provide feedback to other THE COMPANY E&P entities as required•
- Secondary and tertiary engineering qualifications (e.g. master's degree) and hold an internationally recognized professional / chartered engineer status
- 15+ years FPU projects, proven track record in similar positions with minimum of 10 years in senior project management roles
- FPU Package activities (including UFR and SPS topside interfaces) and complex potentially worldwide multi-site project / contract management - expert level of knowledge and experience
- Safe working practices on offshore construction projects - proficient level of knowledge and experience
- Deep water developments - proficient level of knowledge and experience
- Proven ability to form and lead high performance teams
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
- Team worker capable of working autonomously
- Knowledge and appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, cost control, planning, document control)
- Fluent English required
ANOTECH Energy was founded in 2006 to provide specialty services to the energy industry.
From the beginning, we’ve developed our expertise in technical fields of all energy sectors, including:
• Oil and Gas (E&P)
• Renewable Energies
• Civil & Infrastructure
We deliver the highest standard of services within engineering, projects and operations.
Our vision is to provide clients and employees with a global approach and to maintain an agility to deliver local tailor-made solutions.
ANOTECH Energy operates in over 63 countries worldwide.
Through its offices and partnerships, ANOTECH Energy commits to provide reliable and efficient support to its clients, while understanding the needs of international projects according to local regulations.
Headquartered in France, ANOTECH Energy has also established offices in: London, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Houston, Pointe Noire, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Shanghai.