Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $30 - $35/HR
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
MPD Field Specialist - Offshore
Only candidates with the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered for this role.
Compensation: $30-$35/hr, Housing and Travel reimbursement provided
Schedule: 14X7. This is primarily a field position and requires travel on short notice. There is no set rotation and individuals can expect to be in the field in excess of 30 days at a time. This position requires shift work with a typical shift length of 12 hours, however, the average day may be 14 hours.
Requirements: A diploma in a Technical Field - preferably mechanical, electronical or instrumention, or the equivalent in industry experience. 3 to 5 years MPD experience Offshore
Well Control Certification
Water Survival would be a plus
Job Summary: Delivery of High Quality MPD Operations including pre-planning to our Clients at the Wellsite. Service quality, job preparation and planning and job safety are key priorities and producing the End-of-Well performance summary reports and recommendations. The DPM Field Specialist will work within a team of between 2-8 personnel at the Wellsite. Field Specialists will work closely with other key personnel on location: Company Men, Directional Drillers, Data Techs, Drilling Foreman, and Drillers. DPM will rely on the Specialist to provide strategic customer information including client product and service requirements and expectations and post-well satisfaction.
- Delivery at the Wellsite of Managed Pressure Drilling jobs including pre-planning and logistics, supervision of all on-site DPM personnel and End-of-Well performance summary reports.
- Troubleshoot for field operations in the operation, maintenance, and repair of Managed Pressure Drilling equipment.
- Manager client relationship and expectations on-site, and when appropriate, demonstrate and explain Managed Pressure Drilling technology.
- Recommend new approaches and/or specifications for new and existing equipment, software, and procedures.
- May assist in managing optimum pressure control to achieve drilling objectives.
- Carry out constant monitoring of equipment & instrumentation at the Wellsite/location, maintain and calibrate on the job as required - including RCDs, DPAC, CCS, Chokes and Separator equipment.
- Assist in operating and maintaining database and data collection at the wellsite and ensuring proper and adequate data is collected and reported.
- Assist in updating and calibrating CCS software to meet specific requirements.
- Ma make recommendations and devise new approaches for new and existing equipment, software, and procedures.
- Maximize efficiency of equipment within operating parameters.
- Knowledge of slinging and lifting overhead loads
- Understand the dangers of energized fluids and associated equipment
- Understand the dangers of noxious fumes
- Understand the dangers of working around high pressure lines
- Understand Process and Information Diagrams and Flow Systems
- Understand the dangers of O2 deficient atmospheres
- Familiar with regulatory code and safety policy
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Advanced understanding of mechanics
- Advanced understanding of hydraulics
- Familiar with drilling issues as they relate to drilling velocity to clean a well
- Self-directed and demonstrates sound decision making
- Competent with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Must be capable of communicating with both technical and non-technical personnel at field and office level
- Understanding of interfacing protocols i.e. WTS and OPC
"VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referral of vets requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer: females, minorities, veterans, disabled and other protected groups."