Richmond, California, United States
Richmond, California, United States
Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Safety Specialist - Risk Assessment Facilitator located in Richmond , CA California / United States through November 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 402187
This position is responsible for facilitating risk assessments consistent with Chevron's Operational Excellence expectations, State of California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) Process Safety Management (PSM) standard, and the City of Richmond California Industrial Safety Ordinance (RISO) requirements. In addition, this position will contribute to development and improvement of process safety risk reduction programs.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to :
- Facilitating the following Risk Assessments for refinery operation processes and projects:
- Process Hazards Analyses (PHA)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Procedural PHAs
- Hierarchy of Hazard Control Analysis (HCA) per California OSHA PSM Regulation
- Working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts to ensure necessary technical issues and process safety hazards are fully discussed during risk assessments
- Reviewing/Auditing risk assessment reports for Quality Assurance
- Working with colleagues at other refineries to maintain consistent and sustainable process safety and risk management processes as part of the Refinery Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS)
- Developing and executing refinery risk management improvement programs.
- Writing and updating procedures for related work processes
- Conducting analyses in a team environment
- Working with management to develop risk reduction plans to address team findings
- Approving risk assessments reports
- Bachelor's in engineering
- 5 Years relevant experience
- Recent PHA and/or LOPA facilitation experience
- Ability to guide multifunctional team discussion to consensus
- Strong analytical abilities to understand technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Due to the nature of this position, minimum time in role is 4 years.
- 5+ Years of experience in Chemical and Petroleum Industry
- Proficient using PHA-Pro/Stature or equivalent risk assessment documentation program
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of P&ID's
- Knowledge of Federal and California OSHA Regulations for Process Safety
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignment will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.