JOB DESCRIPTION Wireline Technical Manager JOB DETAILSJob Code 30000068 Grade 13 Function
Production & Completion Department
Technology & Innovation Unit
N/A Reports to
Technology & Innovation Director JOB DIMENSIONSNumber of Staff supervised Direct Reports
TBD Financial Impact in USD
(CAPEX / OPEX / Revenue / Budget)
TBC JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
The purpose of the job is to manage the Wireline Technical Team to ensure that all Wireline related technical activities are developed, managed and executed in a proper way in order to achieve the P&C objectives. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIESFormulation of Technology Plan
Expanding P&C Portfolio & Global Technology Network (GTN)
- Understand and analyze gaps in technologies and systems within Wireline areas to support future improvements.
- Manage and accelerate technology deployment within Wireline area to obtain customer's qualification.
- Manage the technical due diligence of all possible Wireline M&A to successfully expand technology portfolio.
Technology and Innovation Culture
- Manage GTN in the Wireline area to identify possible partnerships locally and internationally.
- Promote Technology and Innovation culture by writing & presenting papers and attending technical events.
- Identify, manage and protect Company/P&C IP rights (patents, trademarks, designs and copyrights) related to Wireline area in order to maximize commercial benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIESEducation / Qualifications Required
- Work closely with the management and provide the needed support in order to meet the P&C function's objectives.
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for development so that technologies potentials are utilized to the maximum
: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science. Preferred
: MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification from an internationally recognized University. Experience Required
: 7 to 13 years of experience within the Oilfield services or similar sectors. Competencies Examples of competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of research methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the operational processes and technological innovations in the Wireline area.
- Strong knowledge of laboratory set-ups and optimization
- Ability to align research and analysis to business requirements
The preceding job description is provided for general informational purposes and it is in no way restrictive as to the overall work requirements that may be prescribed by Management. It is intended to be used as a guide only. It has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is neither designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Approvals
Signature & Date
Signature & Date
Human Resources Manager
Signature & Date
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.