Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
If you have the Digital Engineering experience we're looking for, then we have a great opportunity for you in guiding Shell's Projects into a new Digital era and being the frontrunner of our industry's transformation!
You will be the Principle Engineering technical expert within the team on "what it takes" to enhance deliverability of Digital Engineering in Shell Capital Projects delivering through Shell Team resources and/or through 3rd parties as necessary.
Where you fit in?
Shell's Projects & Technology (P&T) division oversees and manages end to end the capital projects delivery across different lines of businesses. It has a large and diversified project portfolio spanning the entire value chain of the energy system (2018 Capital Expenditure of ~25 billion dollars). The Digitalization team in the Projects & Engineering arm is tasked with deploying digital solutions across the entire project lifecycle.
What's the role?
This is an individual contributor role in Shell's Projects Digitalization Transformation team that will operationalize the adoption of more Project & Asset value from Digitalization and data centric working within Engineering Phases of Shell's Capital Projects. This covers the thought leadership & deployment of digital solutions that are 'Ready Now', the further maturing of solutions soon to be ready for deployment at scale in Projects, and "out of the box" ideas in the early phase of development. The overall goal is to transform the ways of working in Projects to achieve step change improvement in capital efficiency both within Engineering & Construction phases.
Digital Project Delivery encompasses the use of data centric ways of working and deployment of digital solutions in Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Asset Handover.
The successful applicant for this position will need to display:
• Belief that Digital will be a disruptor in the Projects space needing strong influencing skills and execution mindset to relentlessly pursue scale and replication in the ideas that work.
• Ability and energy to drive this Transformation requiring thought and execution leadership in enabling the Digital journey for Projects.
• Credible Project engagement skills and Agile ways of working, etc. and leveraged so that the team can cause the uptake in the Business, upskilling of the Projects & Engineering community, strong partnership mindset, with Projects, Supply Chain and other Shell Functions alike.
• Ability to demonstrate value of the Digital Solutions and Ways of Working for Project Delivery, as well as deep understanding of the options for their implementation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to influence leaders in Projects, strong coaching, management, customer-facing and reporting skills given collaboration is key within Shell.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
The key requirements for the job are as follows -
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a Surface Engineering Discipline;
• Chartered Engineer is an added advantage and not mandatory
• Significant experience in capital projects of O&G or similar industries (Nuclear/ Infrastructure/ Chemicals), preferably in multiple locations and cultural settings, with strong working knowledge of Projects;
• Proven direct experience of delivering data centric engineering within Define or Execute Phase Projects, with ability to address pain points in these phases will be a strong pre-requisite for the role.
• Working knowledge of Data Standards, Engineering Replication and Integrated Engineering & Linked Environments (such as those provided by Hexagon Smartplant, Aveva, Comos, Intergraph suite, Bentley, Aspen) and familiarity with Engineering Data Systems Development & Management
• Familiarity with Virtual design and construction systems such as ConstructSim and SYNCHRO
Ability to travel to Global Projects for short postings and on business
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.