Job Description Job Description:
To lead the deployment of digital solutions in Projects and Assets to improve capital efficiency and asset performance. This role is part of the functional team within Projects & Engineering that will drive digitalization and data centric ways of working in project delivery.
Digital Project Delivery encompasses the use of data and digitalization in Engineering and Design to improve efficiency and drive greater productivity in Construction, Commissioning and Handover. Step change improvements in engineering efficiency and construction productivity are critical to reaching our Point C ambition of delivering world class projects in the future.
This role will require a strong belief in the role of digital as a disruptor in Engineering and Construction, strong influencing skills to take others on this journey including our supply chain and finally a strong execution mindset to relentlessly pursue scale and replication in the ideas that work.The role has the following accountabilities:
- Support projects and assets in adoption and replication of Ready Now digital solutions
- Assist Projects and Assets to leverage digital engineering and digital construction solutions to improve productivity
- Support Project, CSU and Asset teams to prepare for and deliver a functional "Digital Asset" at Project to Asset handover
- Leverage ongoing development and deployment of digital solutions in Projects and Assets to improve EPC uptake and drive up value through maximizing the use of data centricity in Projects. Ensure strong links to our supply chain through partnering with CP, EPC's and industry bodies
- Partner with Asset Support Teams and the Production Excellence Org. in Shell to drive digital solutions to improve Maintenance, Reliability and Turnarounds.
- Develop and share best practices, work processes, systems and tools
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements The key requirements for the job are as follows -
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a Surface Engineering Discipline or any other specialization relevant to
• Significant experience in capital projects of O&G or similar industries (Nuclear/ Infrastructure/ Chemicals), preferably in multiple locations and cultural settings, with strong working knowledge of Projects;
• Experience in commissioning and handover in major projects in Petrochemicals or O&G is preferred
• Energetic and resilient individual with a strong working knowledge of Projects and Asset Management and curious to systematically understand pain-points that exist in developing projects across the ORS spectrum
• Strong learning orientation, open to new ways of working (e.g Agile) and be able to thrive in a Fail-Early / Fail-Fast culture
• Ability to evaluate and determine suitability of replication/re-use opportunities and/or industry/vendor solutions for the intended functional requirements.
• Ability to identify, assess and integrate cost-competitive market offerings into digital solutions through effective collaboration with various stakeholders.
• Experience delivering performance improvements in projects using digital technology and tools.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, with an ability to effectively integrate across organizations.
• Excellent stakeholder relationship skills. Knowledge of the global Development network is preferred.
• Genuine drive for continuous improvement. Always ready to challenge the Status Quo.
• Experience working with 3rd parties and/or packaged solution vendors will be considered a plus.
• Knowledge of project design tools and their interfaces with project & asset systems will be an advantage
• Strong personal leadership in HSE and D&I.
• Working and delivering in a multi-cultural environmentDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.