Targa Resources Corp. has an immediate opportunity for a Stack Test Coordinator with the Compliance Service Team. This position will be responsible for engine testing and scheduling for an assigned area. This position will assess gas-fired engines for performance and conduct regular checks of them. This position will troubleshoot engine performance, schedule and perform tests, review reports, and work with maintenance. This position is located in the Monument, NM and will report to the ES&H Supervisor.JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
- Perform engine and emission testing on all assigned units on a defined schedule.
- Work closely with maintenance and operations staff on scheduling and testing of engines.
- Work with maintenance on diagnostic and troubleshooting of engines.
- Schedule 3rd party testing with vendors.
- Help enforce quality control on 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain required documentation and files.
- Review reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Completes work in a timely manner and other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- 2 years of field operations, mechanical, or engine testing experience.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and operate a man-lift.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, Outlook and others.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment
- Able to work in close quarters: e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex)
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Experience in natural gas gathering and processing.
- Experience with Caterpillar, Waukesha, Clark, and White engines.
- Experience working in Maximo.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical experience with large, natural gas driven engines
- Experience using a portable test meter (such as an ECom, Testo, E-Instrument, etc.)
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.