Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $34 - $39 per hour, Benefits: Visa, Flights, Medical
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent has partnered with multiple international Oil and Gas oilfield service companies to source the top talent available in the Saudi Arabian and International markets. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Saudi Arabia's Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2019 through 2020 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to join and re-join the sector
Position: Process Engineer
The Senior Process Engineer performs conceptual, FEED, Studies, and detailed analyses and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards. Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations. Prepares clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures. Manages own time to meet agreed deadlines and budgets, and develop plans for short-term work activities in own area. Can also clearly communicate and explain complex issues and work to establish understanding.
- Be fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable and taking appropriate initiatives
- to address the issues
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates. Provide similar support for Variation Orders.
- Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs
- Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Maintain close co-ordination with other engineering disciplines, Planning, Fabrication, Marine and Project Management Team, as required.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and manhour estimates
- Raise technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope, and to maintain preferred McDermott procedures, specifications, standards, practices and operational requirements.
- Prepare Discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, and technical specifications, as required.
- Participate in finalizing deliverables lists and deliverables, ensuring compliance with specifications and functional integrity.
- Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings and offshore site surveys, as required.
- Provide technical direction and review of Designers producing products related to Process Engineering
- Prepare and review design reports and procedures
- Assist in providing necessary design inputs to other disciplines to enable them in proceeding with deliverables
- Assist procurement personnel in procuring Discipline equipment, materials and services; ensuring that work produced complies with Customer objectives and procedures. Procurement assistance includes preparing and reviewing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents. as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information
- Check engineering performed by others within Discipline
- Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary
- Perform design verification through single-discipline check / inter-discipline check (DC)
- Provide technical support to all fabrication queries, including identifying defect/rectification requirements
- Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities and concerns, technical, budgetary and manpower related.
- Assist in providing inputs for actual, planning and forecasting progress reports including associated productivity
- Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved
- Participate in internal, Customer and third part technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
- Assist Lead Engineer with responses to Customer and other agencies (such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc) on their review and approval.
- Capture lessons learned and enter into MDR's Lessons Learned system
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into MDR's Lessons Learned system
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Guide less experienced engineers on MDR and Discipline procedures, standards, worksheets, design calculations, software, requisitions, technical bid evaluations, technical queries, etc
- Be aware of costs related to own work and of the discipline
- Responsible for preparing / checking the following key deliverables, applicable as per the Project scope:
- Process simulations / heat and material balance
- Process flow diagrams (PFD)
- Piping and instrument diagrams/mechanical flow diagrams (P&ID/MFD)
- SAFE charts
- Process safeguarding diagram
- Equipment and instrument process datasheets
- Process specifications
- Operating philosophy and startup and operating manuals
- Equipment list (process data)
- Line list (process data)
- Flare radiation and dispersion calculations
- Depressurization and flare network study
- Equipment and line sizing calculations
- Fluid lists
- Process studies
- Review process information in supplier/vendor data for conformance with project requirements
- Provide process assistance to other disciplines by performing IDC / providing inputs as required for the following activities:
- Layout review
- Area classification drawings
- Safety studies
- Electrical load list
- Equipment datasheets
- Instrument datasheets
- ESD and F&G logic diagrams and control narratives
- Provide technical co-ordination with outside agencies for third party studies
- Provide assistance to precommissioning and commissioning on process related site queries
- Assist in close out of HAZOP action items.
- Education: Bachelors in Chemical or petroleum Engineering or related field. & Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years with major contractor / consultant in the oil / gas industry, predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities
- Qualifications: Registered professional/chartered engineer.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.