Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $34 - $38 per hour, Benefits: Visa, flights, medical.
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent has partnered with multiple international Oil and Gas companies to source the top talent available in the Saudi Arabian and International markets. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Saudi Arabia's Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2019 through 2020 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to join and re-join the sector.
Should be holding a Diploma or Engineering degree, Offshore Design background, Microstation, AutoCAD, 3D Desgin. Minimum of 7 years' experience
- Prepare and develop arrangement and detail FEED, studies and detail design drawings of high technical quality and professional consistent presentation ensuring clarity and ease of construction.
- Assist in the preparation of 3D models.
- Ensure work is in compliance with MDR and project QA and/or QC systems and procedures. Apply basic technical skills and knowledge to complete assigned work.
- Continue developing skills to efficiently complete repetitive tasks,
- Manage own time to meet deadlines set by others.
- Become familiar with the Contract Scope of Work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable.
- Recognise changes to scope and notify the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs.
- Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Liaise with other discipline support groups to ensure clearly defined interfaces, deliverable and schedules are met.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions), and forward copies to Discipline Lead Designer and Discipline Supervisor. Assist Discipline Lead Designer in preparing estimates for proposals and job scope changes.
- Review all project design documentation for detail technical interfaces.
- Research Customer standards and procedures in order to prepare project-specific design procedures and standards for submission to the Customer for approval.
- Set up the Discipline Master Design drawing and document files.
- Prepare Discipline deliverable such as:
- Detailed design drawings
- As-built drawings
- Review drawings issued by other disciplines and incorporate the required data into Discipline drawings.
- Review vendor drawings and documents and incorporate required vendor data into Discipline drawings and documents.
- Perform design verification through single discipline checks 'PDC) and assist with inter-discipline checks (IDC), providing comments to Lead Designer.
- Prepare, issue and update material and weight data take-offs.
- Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc.
- Monitor progress and maintain the deliverable register on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with the Project Execution Plan and the timely completion and archiving of drawings and documents.
- Keep Lead Designer and/or Senior Designer apprised of all activities, progress and concerns. Participate in design reviews and audits.
- Capture lessons learned arid enter into MDR's Lessons Learned system.
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into MDR's K. now system.
- Develop basic understanding of MDR's business and customers it serves.
- Prepare Structural Design deliverable such as:
- General Structural Design instructions
- Jacket & Topside Primary steel drawings
- Jacket & Topside Secondary steel drawings
- Pile / Conductor drawings
- Bridge structural drawings.
- Flare/vent boom structural drawings
- Helideck structural drawings
- Structural drawings for Buildings and other structures
- Access platform drawings & Equipment support drawings
- Material handling drawings and all appurtenance drawings
- Seafastening drawings
- Installation/lift drawings
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.