Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $34 - $40 per hour, Benefits: Medical, Flights, Visa,
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position: Instrumentation Engineer
Responsible for carrying out instrumentation design engineering activities, including coordination with the instrumentation design and other discipline groups.
- Perform FEED, Studies, and detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations on more complex and demanding engineering tasks.
- Prepare specifications, data sheets, reports, technical notes, procedures, RFQ and procurement packages for Purchase Order award and material requisitions as well as bid evaluations as required.
- Gain familiarity with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline
- Experience in SPI Administration such as Database set-up, templates creation, reports generation will be an advantage for the position
- Performs all Automation and Instrumentation (A&I) design engineering functions under minimal supervision.
- Experience and good understanding of DCS, ESD and F&G systems is required.
- Knowledge in the specification, evaluation and documentation of electronic and pneumatic field instruments.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and programmable electronic safety shutdown systems.
- Familiar with SPI Intools and Instrucalc software for Instrumentation selection and sizing.
- Experience in off-shore facility projects works with multi-discipline projects.
- Supports or acts as necessary, to oversee project progress, monitor staffing, budget and change order requirements and attend project meetings.
- May be assigned to work on complex projects with conflicting design requirements, unconventional materials or installation requirements.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgement.
- Provides technical guidance to instrumentation designers and less experienced engineers and be consulted by associates.
- Review specifications, data sheets, reports, technical notes, procedures, RFQ and procurement packages for Purchase Order award and material requisitions as well as bid evaluations as required.
- Able to 3D model reviews
Education: Bachelors in Instrumentation & Control or Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related field. & Professional Engineer license preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years with major contractor / consultant in the oil / gas industry, predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities
Qualifications: Registered professional/chartered engineer.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.