Skills: Drilling Manager
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $10000 per annum
Location: Basra, Iraq
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Drilling Engineer will be responsible for the design, planning and support of integrating well construction technologies, drilling solutions and post drilling analysis within ISP project wells. The Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager and the ISP engineering team, to prepare the safest and most efficient plans to drill a well meeting all expectations.
- MSc/B.Sc in engineering or scientific discipline.
- Must have prior experience in Iraq
- Minimun 8 years of experience as Drilling Engineer.
- Fully functional in Microsoft Office.
- Detailed understanding of drilling practices and procedures (planning, risk analysis, hazop, hazid, pre-spud, roles of various asset team members, equipment, drilling program, drilling, cementing, evaluation, completion, reporting, wellsite personnel, drilling parameters, fluids, well control, directional drilling, wellsite services, local regulatory, etc.)
- Ability to organize and plan projects. Projects will often have technical and scope uncertainties and involve multiple phases and tight project timelines Strong communication organizing, trouble shouting and multi-tasking skills. Especially when under pressure and in demanding conditions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with diverse professionals comprising of clients, stakeholders, vendors, operations team, rig team and engineering peers
- Practical and results orientated to deliver a plan encompassing all inputs that can be safely executed. Mechanical aptitude and strong visualization capability required
- Contribute to sustaining a positive, progressive and supportive team environment
- Ability to apply and encourage a solution based approach. Solution based involves understanding the client needs and well problems and then investigating potential solutions which can be a change in well design, change in procedure or potentially the use of one or more common or specialty products.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.