HSE Manager / RSO is responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs, procedures and guidelines that covers the areas of health, safety, security, environmental and radiation protection. HSE Roles and Responsibilities
RSO Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the top management in the HSE policies, procedures and guidelines development.
- Supports the top management in the organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
- Supports the top management in the HSE Management Systems integrations.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the company HSE systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate HSE System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Assists the commercial, engineering and operations and quality departments in their dealings with clients in all issues concerned with health and safety at work.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety related subjects.
- Carries out any in-house safety training.
- Performs Risk Assessments
- Implements and monitors
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities
- Implement, maintain and monitor company HSE management systems in accordance with government and company standards; visibly promotes HSE culture.
All responsibilities of Radiation Safety Officer as mentioned in K.A. CARE regulations & applicable Aramco Specifications are under the direct responsibility of the RSO, which includes:
Experience and Competency
- Control of radiation related documents and records.
- Coordination for the resolution of radiation safety issues.
- Assessment of risk involved during all exposure in radiation related work.
- Monitor for all radioactive material and as accessories such and related calibration, maintenance services and leak tests.
- The RSO shall also be responsible for handling, calibrations, monitoring, and maintenance of radiation safety equipment.
- Coordinate and conduct training for radiation workers.
- Obtain RPL, import license, and export permission from required legal authorities & required legislation agents for the Isotope.
- Investigate and report all incidents involving over- exposure to ionizing radiation.
- The RSO shall be able to provide emergency services in case of radiation emergencies.
- Ensure that only radiation workers and assistants who are qualified or certified, and who are competent and trained in radiation safety conduct radiation related activities.
- Provide radiation awareness training, refresher training and to perform radiation safety audits, site inspection, and reporting of the same.
- Communication with K.A.CARE officials, Saudi Aramco officers, police, customs, civil defense and other legal parties for effective management of radiation sources, TLD, EPD and survey meters.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a 3-Years Technical College Degree.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HSE / RSO in the Oilfield Industry of which 5 years should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Certified Radiation Safety Officer for Well Logging from K.A.CARE.
- Must possess a certificate in HSE Management such as IOSH Managing Safely or Nebosh IGC.
- Must be familiar with legal and regulatory requirements of Saudi Arabia and Saudi Aramco which are related to HSE and Radiation Protection
- Must be familiar with international safety standards such as ISO 45001, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001 and IAEA.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- The QHSE Manager / RSO will report to the Drilling Services Country/Regional General Manager
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.