Skills: Maintenance Technician, Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently seeking Flowback Operators in Carlsbad, NM.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponshorship required.
Summary: Works with completions, construction, and operations to put new wells on production, including early well life Flowback supervision, optimization, testing, and facility start up, to maximize productivity and prepare wells for operation by the production team.
- Assists procedures to put new wells on production for the asset, acting as the representative of the production group to receive a completed well and begin flowing new production.
- Provides operations surveillance, interfacing with completions and construction personnel, to aid in scheduling new wells being put on production
- Daily monitoring and management of Flowback crews collecting data on new wells.
- Performs additional data coordination and collection tasks as necessary to support well appraisal science (ie - water sample collection, downhole pressure gauge monitoring).
- Conducts detailed initial walkthrough and commissioning of new production facilities and equipment to receive fluids from new wells on production.
- Checks proper condition of wellhead equipment prior to putting a well on production, including completions, artificial lift, electrical, construction, and automation/telemetry installation.
- Oversees delegated scheduling, installation, and operation of portable and semi-permanent test separator equipment.
- Maintains surveillance of Flowback data and engineering guidance for early well production optimization.
- Provides troubleshooting and supervision for artificial lift equipment during the first months of operation.
- Assembly, disassembly, inspection, repair, and pressure testing of Flowback equipment.
- Ensure use of proper lockout/tagout procedures at all times.
- Checks production equipment for proper operation, using hand tools to make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Ensures routine maintenance services are performed, and that all production equipment is clean and in good working condition.
- Immediately reports to Foreman any non-routine variations in production or other indications of possible downhole problems and identifies/performs corrective actions.
- Provides proper servicing, maintenance, and security for assigned Company vehicle.
- Picks up at warehouse and carries in vehicle solvent, grease, oils, valve seats, gloves and other materials required for regular activities.
- Maintains general lease/well appearances.
- Visually inspects area for such things as oil and water leaks, pit and pond leaks or seeps, pipeline and gathering system leaks, or proper separation operations.
- Observes, records, and downloads gas production volume.
- Reads and checks electronic flow meters.
- Edits daily production data as necessary, including, but not limited to, activity code, water disposal, etc.
- Attends all required safety meetings; practices safety and reports unsafe acts of others; reports all safety hazards to Supervisor.
- Informs Supervisor of any unauthorized person (i.e., contractors, landowners) on leases.
- Drives Company vehicles safely over various types of road conditions and terrain, including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads.
- Fills out time sheets, daily work sheets, logs.
- Installs tire chains for better traction when needed.
- Subject to call out during off duty times.
- Collects field data, evaluates and makes recommendations to pull pumps or perform well work needed to maintain optimum efficiencies and track/report results.
- Upon initial well start-up, makes or approves specific recommendations to improve artificial lift performance and maximize production.
- Uses SCADA software as aid in monitoring well production and making flowback recommendations. * Trains field personnel as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification required
- 1-3 years of previous flowback operator experience is preferred
- 1 year of troubleshooting experience highly desired
- Previous experience monitoring facilities and running separators- highly desired.
- Ability to enter daily production readings and well test readings into computer system
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com â\u20ac¯
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.