NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a Sr Mechanical Engineer in Calgary, AB.
This will be a 12 month contract role starting with possibility of extension or conversion to staff.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Calgary area as no LOA or camp is available.
- Provide mechanical discipline engineering expertise to our business units, project staff, and engineering service providers across portfolio of projects. Participate as an active, value-added, collaborative member of various project teams.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to engineering contractors regarding Owner requirements.
- Review and/or approval of all technical documentation produced by engineering service providers, and vendors. Participate in development and/or review of design basis document, FEED and detailed engineering deliverables, and providing technical support during construction and commissioning activities.
- Participate as an active and value-added contributor during design reviews, hazard reviews, model reviews, gate reviews and project audits.
- Ensure appropriate mechanical engineering specifications are used for projects. Contribute to the development and maintenance of mechanical engineering specifications and standards.
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional Engineer, registered or eligible for registration with APEGA.
- Eligible to travel and work in the USA (passport, and eligible for working visa).
- Minimum 10 years of relevant oil and gas industry mechanical engineering experience. Owner/ operator experience is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated experience in greenfield and brownfield major project environments, from concept through to execution and start-up phase, in a gated project development environment. (10 years)
- Experience in defining mechanical technical deliverables for capital projects. (5 years)
- Experience in executing small to medium-size multi-disciplinary capital projects. (5 years)
- Minimum 10 years of project experience in oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate EPC project deliverables.
- Prior experience as Mechanical Engineer/Lead in an operating facility or large project environment (on Owner team or EPC team environment).
- Extensive experience with mechanical-related project deliverables.
- Familiarity with mechanical standards relevant to the oil and gas industry, including ASME, API, CSA, TEMA, etc.
- Experience in application of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes.
- Ability to organize and develop written specifications, standards and guidance documents.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop effective working relationships, work in collaborative team environments, communicate effectively (written and verbal), and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Valid Driver's License is required for business travel.
- Strong computer skills.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in design, specifying, and selection of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, pumps, compressors, piping, pipelines, and related mechanical equipment. (5 years)
- Experience in developing mechanical equipment and piping specifications, standards and best practices. (5 years)
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques used to manufacture oilfield equipment.
- Knowledge of construction methods utilized in greenfield and brownfield oil and gas facility projects.
- Prior experience on development of upstream projects such as single well batteries, multi-well batteries, gas plants, SAGD and other enhanced oil recovery projects.
- Prior experience in development of midstream projects such as pipelines, booster stations, LACT units.
- Prior experience in development of downstream projects such as heavy oil upgrading and refining.
- Experience in application of ASME B31.3 and B31.1 Piping Codes.
- Experience in application of CSA Z662 Pipeline code.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.