The successful candidate will join BHGE Process & Pipeline Services to supervise shifts and scopes of work of varying sizes. They will be involved with Purging, Leak Testing, Foam Inerting and Pipe Freezing. Generating procedures using Bluebeam.
Office based (Aberdeen, UK) engineering duties such as generating procedures and mobilisation lists will be required.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely execution of orders, instructions and directions from the Department Manager.
- Participate in pre-job briefing and ensure familiarisation with the workscope.
- Supervise shifts and work scopes, ensuring that all operations are carried out as per procedure and as per the Company's HSE and Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that all subordinates are fully briefed on the work scope, their duties, the risks and HSE procedures and requirements.
- Prepare all required Field Paperwork, including weekly reports and weekly timesheets.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with the client representative and the office.
- Monitor instruments to assure proper flow, pressure and operational conditions.
- Ensure that operation of equipment is carried out as per the Company's HSE and Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that the daily maintenance of equipment is carried out and ensure the equipment is ready for a job at all times.
- Carry-out the operation of equipment as required as per the Company's HSE and Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to the process of continuous training and qualification improvement of employees within the Department.
- Train subordinates on equipment, job procedures and safety regulations.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering subject is desired but not essential
- Experience and demonstrable competencies in Purging, Leak Testing, Foam- Inerting & Pipe Freezing is essential.
- Bolting experience and ECITB Certification would be desirable.
- Experience of developing Procedures to a high standard is preferred
- Offshore experience is essential for this role.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be a self-starter and natural leader who is capable of working with little to no supervision.
- Excellent safety attitude is a must. Must participate in all Company safety programs and adhere to all policies.
- Ability to commit to travel at short-notice as and when required
Aberdeen, UK- North Sea/Continental Europe
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more