Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Principal role provides technical authority level engineering and accountability for product development activities linked to the implementation of the technology strategic plan in support of functional, business, and broad company objectives across either product design improvements, New Product Introduction (NPI) or New Technology Introduction (NTI) programs.
Essential Responsibilities:The Principal role has responsible for ensuring programs have the required technical leadership and consistent approach to delivering the technical scope. The role also needs to demonstrate creativity and sound engineering judgement in resolving technology challenges associated with the design of complex assignments, whilst maintaining timescales, meeting key objectives and supporting the technical development and understanding of the wider organisation.
Required to (technically) lead cross functional team supporting internal or external programs. Key accountabilities include: -
• Defining all technical deliverables within a given NPI program and ensuring they are produced, checked and approved by the responsible individuals iaw schedule requirements. These include drawings, design basis, calculations, data interpretation, specifications (scope, function, testing & qualification).
• Providing engineering expertise across multiple technology development programs and the wider engineering teams including production and/or approving procedures applicable to product development programs, providing guidance on HSE requirements in regard to product design, manufacture and testing and driving continuous improvement/ cost out activities for product and process enhancements.
• Ensuring that Product Development, Quality, HSE and Engineering processes are followed for all aspects of a given NPI program iaw with BHGE, Industry and (where applicable) client standards.
• Assessing commercial and contractual aspects/risk for outsourced activities, ensuring completion of all applicable design reviews in relation to specific program schedules and agreed toll gates and in leading idea generation activities to support identification of development and NTI opportunities.
• Develop, define, check and approve detailed work package planning and resource schedules to feed in to high level product development program plan and drive timely release of Product Development information by the responsible engineers.
• Technically lead the definition of program schedules and deliverables considering all aspects of a given NPI program
• Generate, check and approve technical papers, publications or presentation materials as required.
• Responsible for technical POC with 3rd party IVA where applicableQualifications/Requirements:• Masters/ PhD Degree in Engineering or a related field with significant years of experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to make decisions, effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes
• Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills
• Experience working with a multi-discipline, global team
• leadership responsibilities.
• Chartered engineer/scientist with a recognized institution.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Desired Characteristics:• Ability to deliver to schedule across multiple programs whilst co-ordinating others work which may involve conflicting project requirements.
• Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving .
• Good organisation skills with the ability to directly inform and instruct Engineers, Technicians and other employees of specific engineering and HSE requirements.
• Have credibility and be well networked for influence ... able to open doors.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art in zirconium materials specifications
• Leadership experience in industry standards organizations
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more