Skills: Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Svobodny, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Construction Civil Supervisor, CVS
Reference: PIR 397106430
Date of issue: 27/06/219
Project Amur Gas Processing Plant (AGPP)
Reports to: Site Manager
Job Location: Svobodny, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary. Starts June 2018.
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 62 days on site and 15 days off (+ 3 paid travel days)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
• Single status;
• Full board and accommodation on site;
• Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description
The project concerns the EPC for the utilities, infrastructures and off-sites facilities of a greenfield plant for the treatment of Natural Gas, located in East Russia.
Construction Civil Supervisor (CVS) directs Subcontractor building activities, ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier's material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
- Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
- Ensure the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
- Directly participate in the HSE activities at the site as defined for his position in the Site HSE plan and related procedures;
- Check that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay;
- Check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
- Perform inspections and sign the necessary certificates as per Site Inspection Plans;
- Prepare the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate nonconformity resolution;
- Detect any design errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
- Check Subcontractors' work progress status sheets and sign the same for approval;
- Manage vendor specialists.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in Civil discipline or equivalent
- Significant civil experience in industrial construction of Large/XL Gas processing plants;
- Significant experience in Civil Building Construction;
- Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size;
- Experience working on the Contractor side.
• Previous work experience in Russia
Skills and Abilities
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Excellent communications, team-oriented and interpersonal skills;
• Attention to details;
• Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at working level would be advantageous.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.