Skills: Civil Engineering, Painting / Coating / Blasting
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Svobodny, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Insulation and Painting Supervisor, IPS
Reference: PIR 397104590
Date of issue: 27/06/219
Project Amur Gas Processing Plant (AGPP)
Reports to: Site Manager
Job Location: Svobodny, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary. Starts ASAP.
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 62 days on site and 15 days off (+ 3 paid travel days)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
• Single status;
• Full board and accommodation on site;
• Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description
The project concerns the EPC for the utilities, infrastructures and off-sites facilities of a greenfield plant for the treatment of Natural Gas, located in East Russia.
Insulation and Painting Supervisor (IPS) directs Subcontractor activities for Insulation and Painting activities, ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier's material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
- To check that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay;
- To check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
- To prepare the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate non-conformity
- To detect any design errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
- To check Subcontractors' work progress status sheets and sign the same for approval;
- To manage vendor specialists;
- To assist the Contract Engineer in defining new prices, in preparing amendments to subcontracts and in analysing and discussing claims;
- In Home Office (whenever possible) to cooperate with the project team for the Constructability and feasibility studies, with APPAL for technical tabulation of the civil bidders' proposals and clarification meeting with the bidders, with the civil department to analyse/define the WR to be included in the Scope of Work of Subcontractor.
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Suitable University Degree.
· Significant civil experience in industrial construction of Large/XL Gas processing plants;
· Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as Construction Manager/ Multidisciplinary activities;
· Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size.
• Previous work experience in Russia
Skills and Abilities
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Excellent communications, team-oriented and interpersonal skills;
• Attention to details;
• Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at working level would be advantageous.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.