Skills: Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Webster, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
JOB TITLE: Logistic Coordinator
EXEMPT: No DIVISION: Food Agri
EEOC CLASS: Technician
REPORTS TO: Stephanie Guerrero
As a Logistics Coordinator, your main responsibilities are:
Provide logistical support to clients submitting samples for laboratory testing by the applicable activities including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and monitoring of shipping/courier activities either through internal or external resources.
- Ordering, inventorying, shipping sampling and shipping supplies to Clients.
- Determine cost effective solutions for supply procurement.
- Intracompany and external invoicing of shipping/supply activities.
- Maintain internal record keeping system
- Document and investigate discrepancies with received and shipped materials
- Continuously seek opportunities to encourage the business to increase efficiencies relating to applicable related transactions
- Monitor lab supplies and equipment to coordinate requests or recommend resource planning
- Prioritize daily workload to accommodate daily rushes
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships within team as well as cross-functionally
- Provide training and guidance to more junior staff
- Train with and provide support to Customer Service Team
- Adhere to Bureau Veritas Code of Ethics Policy
- Support and comply with all Bureau Veritas policies, Quality System and Health and Safety program
- Participate, when requested, in and health and safety meetings
- Participate, when requested, in internal and external audits
- Keep work area clean, neat and organized
- All other duties as assigned
You are the ideal Logistics Coordinator if:
- Previous experience in shipping/receiving, accounting, inventory control and supply chain management
- Experience working in a laboratory environment would be considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- General understanding of database systems
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Good problem solving, analytical skills and judgement in order to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Detail oriented and solid record keeping skills
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.