Targa Resources is seeking a Manager, Property & Projects Accounting for their office in Houston, TX. Job Duties / Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Report to Sr. Manager and lead a team of up to 4 accountants, set team priorities, and delegate work effectively to maximize productivity and employee development.
- Implement process improvements for companyâ€™s project accounting function to help improve accuracy and efficiency and to support the companyâ€™s capital projects.
- Ensure capital projects are accurately set up and budgets set so spending can occur.
- Collaborate with project managers/AFE initiators to ensure capitalization policies are followed and provide guidance as necessary.
- Monitor project spend and provide support as requested from project manager.
- Work with project managers to ensure timely and accurate placed in service dates are reflected in Oracle so that assets can be created and begin depreciation.
- Prepare/review all assigned monthly account reconciliations.
- Perform research on various accounting topics as requested and provide recommendations to Sr. Manager in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with project accounting team and other relevant groups to resolve project accounting issues and ensure effective communication with Sr. Manager/impacted groups throughout the process.
- Provide timely, meaningful, and accurate feedback in order to foster employee development.
- Maintain desk procedures and SOX documentation for assigned areas.
- Respond to inquiries from auditors ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist with any special projects that may arise.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- 6+ years of public accounting and/or corporate accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of internal controls.
- Prior use of an ERP system.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exhibits attention to detail, ownership, and willingness to be hands-on.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to adjust style depending on audience.
- Proficient in Excel to at least an intermediate level.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box.
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proven track record of effectively managing teams and employee development while in a managerial role.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrates an ability to work independently and in a team environment, including with other departments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapts effectively to new and changing environments.
- Ability to travel (Tulsa) up to 10% initially.
- Regular and reliable attendance with ability and willingness to work overtime, especially during close and billing cycles.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Experience with and sufficient knowledge regarding capital projects, cost capitalization and project accounting.
- Experience with Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC) and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Energy sector experience.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices