London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Other Skills: IFRS, Finance Accounting, E&P, ACA
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £60,000 + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Group Financial Accountant
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company, with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
As a result of an intra-company transfer, we are now seeking to identify and attract a Group Financial Accountant, to be based at our HQ in London with occasional travel to Gabon and India.
The Group Financial Accountant is the in-house technical accounting expert with an extensive knowledge of upstream oil and gas, providing leadership to the business in all areas of IFRS accounting. We are a private equity portfolio company of Carlyle Group, and as the Group Financial Accountant, you will engage with various senior stakeholders including CFO, Corporate Finance Manager, Corporate Debt Manager, Treasury Specialist, Gabon finance team; internal/external auditors; outsourced finance service providers.
Primarily, you will be focused on:
- implementing a robust consolidation process, which ensures that the Group accounting policies and compliance with IFRS are respected.
- acting as the focal point for all reporting requirements in the Assala Corporate Office including board reporting, working capital reviews and ad hoc requirements for shareholders and lenders.
- supporting the preparation of the Assala monthly Management Report and Board packs by providing results and analysis to the CFO and Group Finance Manager
- perform the accounting for non-Gabon companies in the Assala Group, including Assala Energy Trading and will be a key member of the Management of the Group capital structure.
- leading projects aligned to the continuous improvement of the Finance function and the Financial performance of the Group.
- staying informed of IFRS accounting policy changes relevant to Assala, document policy changes and ensure that changes are implemented in the subsidiary companies.
- Interacting on a regular basis with Assala senior leadership team; Corporate finance team; Gabon finance manager and financial controller; external auditors and external finance/tax consultants.
- developing a detailed knowledge of Assala's operations to analyse financial information and provide support and advice to the wider business, as and when required.
- Leading projects to support the development of the Group Finance function and to optimize its performance.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following attributes/experience:
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- Candidates who are currently working or have worked in big four accounting practices with experience in Oil and Gas are encouraged to apply
- Up to date with IFRS standards and policies
- Advanced IT Skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point)
- Fluency in English, and ideally in French. Optional French lessons are provided in the office each week
- Strong communication skills and previous experience dealing with senior stakeholders
- A self-starter with particular attention to detail, working to a high standard
- Resilience and adaptability to change
For more information about working at Assala Energy, and specifically this opportunity, please get in touch.
Please note that Assala Energy does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies outside our PSL, and we take no responsibility for fees that may arise as a result.