Skills: Supply & Distribution
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This role exists to maximize enterprise margin and to provide economic steer in value chain optimization through linking demand and supply in the most profitable way for one or more Product Lines, or sites, regionally. Also, this is a key role to provide input to the global optimization process.
The REE plays a pivotal role in the monthly economic business optimization process for Shell Chemicals, covering a time horizon up to 24 month. As the owner of this process, this activity happens in close collaboration with the other REEs within the region, as well as the REEs in the other regions and the Global Enterprise Economist for the full global optimization. As the owner of the chemical's optimization tool, the REE is also responsible to ensure the basic data integrity of the model and that the tool is fit for use for optimization purposes.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Accountable for regional supply and demand balance optimization, developing the optimal economic plan for the months ahead, including unit run-rates, and communicating the steers to the Chemicals community across Manufacturing, Commercial and Supply.
Ensure that the S&OP process for Chemicals is run for respective PL and ensure that the data in the Optimization Tool is updated as per the planning requirements.
• Own the data that drive the economic optimization, responsible for ensuring the basic data integrity of the Optimization Tool, including working with Manufacturing for the up-to-date and feasible technical basic data BOMs, Supply teams on the latest demand/sourcing balances and with Commercial for the realistic pricing forecasts.
• Support the Global Enterprise Economist and other REEs in identifying cross-regional impact of supply planning decisions
• Support the Regional Optimization Manager in preparing and running the monthly S&OP process and the Regional Handshake meeting
• Provide input to and support business planning processes (including input into the budget)
• Run the Margin Variance Analysis to understand the variances to the plan and improvement opportunities. Use data from MVA to engage Manufacturing/Supply/Commercial on improving the forward planning accuracy.
• Have an understanding of the key dynamics, variables, and constraints that affect the optimization of margin within the specific region, from manufacturing to end customer including different cost factors
• Translate and articulate optimization outputs into tactical and strategic business
• Champion inter-PL optimization and Enterprise Added Value activities.
• Drive and promote disciplined execution ("BDIE") among stakeholders, ensuring focus on the end-to-end mindset and value delivery in the planning process
• Support business users in understanding optimization efforts and support the MSC Excellence organization with improvement initiatives
• Work as one REE team, within and across the region. Be an active back-up for your REE colleagues.
• Act in accordance with Shell's Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) guidelines and understand impact of HSSE requirements on own business. Proactively monitor customer's HSSE needs and practices
• Implement Shell core values and behaviors and promote them to peers and direct counterparts
• Conduct all business activities in compliance with SGBP
• The REE represents multiple PLs in regional optimization, requiring both a PL as well as enterprise first focus
• Collaborate with cross-regional counterparts and key cross-functional stakeholders within the region, including stakeholders in the Supply, Commercial, Manufacturing and Finance organization
• Act as a change agent for the implementation of new ways of working and including the use of the new planning platform.
• Play an important role in the continued development and adoption of the Advanced Planning Journey, with a specific focus on the OMP tool
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
• B.Sc or M.Sc degree in science, engineering or technical education is required
• Excellent analytical capabilities and ability to translate (optimized) model outcome to physical supply chain and business optimization, choices and recommendations
• Experience with optimization model and/or linear programming required
• Ability to quickly learn to work with new technology platforms as well as the ability to transfer this knowledge to others
• Ability to communicate outcomes of complex analyses to stakeholders with different backgrounds
• Understanding of different PLs, interaction/impact/interconnectivity of different value chains and interface with manufacturing
• Understanding of Chemicals Industry
• Effective communication (written and verbal) skills in English / other languages would be advantageous
• Be a real teamplayer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.