The Deepwater Mexican Gulf of Mexico is a frontier, complex geologic province Shell's portfolio includes a deep breadth of geological plays from Tertiary to Mesozoic objectives, and newly acquired Shell acreage provides the opportunity to test these unproven plays. Both deepwater clastic and carbonate objectives have been identified in prospective intervals. The acreage is located in a geologically uncalibrated region with nearest well control over 200km away thus the portfolio evaluation analysis requires subsurface interrogation at all scales, from regional to prospect, integrating subsurface data from multiple sources and vintages. The ability to integrate seismic interpretation with other aspects of the petroleum system requires effective interaction with several functional disciplines including Geophysics, Petrophysics and Petroleum Systems evaluation staff. In addition, continuous monitoring of the competitive landscape is critical to success.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
As a Senior Exploration Geoscientist, you will be accountable for driving the Exploration content and quality of a number of defined projects/studies through the leadership of integrated geoscience evaluations. Your role includes regional studies/stratigraphic evaluation, play-based evaluation, seismic interpretation, seismic reprocessing/imaging, opportunity evaluation, prospect maturation, risk, and volumetric assessment, and document and data management/Quality Control. You will also support the team to progress opportunities through to drill readiness and support the execution of the well commitments.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Advanced university degree in Geoscience (M.Sc. or Ph.D.)
- 8+ years' experience in Exploration Geosciences or related subsurface evaluation work.
- US or Mexico Gulf of Mexico experience is a plus.
- Proven oil finder
- Practical experience of leading exploration activities spanning frontier growth evaluation, stratigraphy and regional studies, prospect evaluation/maturation.
- Experience with Deepwater turbidite clastic and carbonate systems is a plus.
- Technical leadership and analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate detailed geological concepts and uncertainties to a variety of stakeholders.
- Practical experience of maturing prospects to drill-ready status, the experience is a plus.
- Strong focus on HSSE.
- Well operations experience including supporting data acquisition and evaluation programs.
- Practical experience with seismic data processing & imaging of NAZ and WAZ data.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and inclusive working relationships based on mutual respect, i.e. a good team player with well-developed interpersonal, who enjoys working in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Demonstration of drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude, with an open mindset and a desire to develop skills as well as learning from successes and failures.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.