At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary
An opening for Quality Control Specialist based in Zhangjiang, China. The position will support the Production Quality Division.Duties / Responsibilities
You will work under close supervision to deliver the following activities:
Skills / Knowledge
- Qualitative risk assessments and root cause analysis and corrective actions, aligned to continuous improvement, in your area of responsibility.
- Use of quality tools to monitor and improve processes.
- Support the QMS by creating, editing and reviewing documents, assuring alignment to industry and Baker Hughes standards.
- Engage with internal auditing teams and participate in audits.
- Participate in improvement initiatives.
- Participate in tender and contract reviews and the development of quality plans to support contracts. Handle special projects as required.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values.
Education / Experience / Training
- Knowledge of DS-1 & API standards, NDT Level 2 or 3
- Good analytical skills. Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Understanding of quality systems and industry standards.
- Skills in quality control and calibration, business process modelling, SAP and the ability to communicate in local language are preferred.
- Familiar with MS Office.
- 2 year Technical Degree preferred.