The Electrical Controls Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and development of the various equipment Control Systems onsite, working alongside the Asset Management Leader to deliver the Asset Management Strategy. This will involve both in-house and sub-contract activities, and the Electrical Controls Specialist will be responsible for planning and executing these activities.
They will have responsibility for the implementation of PUWER upgrades across the various equipment lines within the factory, and any other tasks directed by the Asset Management Leader.
They will also be required to work with Maintenance Technicians and Production Operators to support equipment breakdowns either via work orders received through the Maximo system, or direct requests from production.Essential Responsibilities:
Include the following but other duties may be assigned: -
- Driving machinery/equipment improvements (including PUWER upgrades), and equipment obsolescence programmes
- Integrating new equipment into existing Control Systems
- Supporting Production with machinery manufacturing issues
- Managing sub-contractors to support equipment upgrades/installations
- Performing FMECA to determine Critical Electrical/Controls Spares
- Assisting in Defect Elimination and RCA activities to improve equipment reliability and availability
- Assist with response to breakdown requests from production
- Ensure that site-wide PLC back-ups are performed, and all Modifications are logged, recorded and communicated appropriately for traceability
- Identify and report any Safety concerns before progressing any work using the REACT system and personal knowledge
- Assess and complete repairs to equipment as quickly as possible whilst doing it safely
- Ensure company policies, procedures and operating instructions are followed.
- Comply with all safety instructions, promote individual and team safety
- Promote and maintain Quality standards
- Maintain work shop cleanliness including all storage units in accordance with facility operating procedures.
- Complete required documentation records, as required in accordance with procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the Asset Management Leader.
- Development of Electrical/Controls competence within the Maintenance Team
- Management of Electrical/Controls Activities, including Equipment and Resource
- Management of Change relating to Software / Controls changes, ensuring that all stakeholders are consulted, and changes are communicated effectively to Production operators
- Responsible for Financial budgets related to equipment upgrades/improvements
- Maintain and Develop Electrical/Control specifications for new equipment
- Perform FAT and SAT activities as required on new equipment
- Maintain housekeeping standards and support EHS areas as required.
- Perform all duties while observing safety rules, standard operating instructions and procedures including specific attention to manual handling techniques.
- Drive improvements and updates to Standard Operating Instructions and Risk Assessments.
- Generate process improvements
- Electrical Engineering Degree Preferred, or equivalent qualifications/work experience
- Extensive experience with Programmable Logic Controllers, preferably covering Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Omron, Giddings & Lewis and Beckhoff
- Extensive experience with AC and DC Drive Controllers, preferably Allen Bradley, SSD/Parker Drives
- Excellent knowledge of Electrical systems gained through university, college and / or experience
- Experience with PLC's, AC Vector Drives and DC Drive Controllers
- Experience with Safety wiring circuits / controllers ie PNOZ
- Preferably Qualified to 17th Edition and Extensive Experience working to BSEN 60204-1
- Willingness to train and learn new skills working on unique machinery
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited procedures exist.
- Have ability to identify improvements within work area.
Assess jobs and create relevant Risk Assessments where required
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Demonstrable ability to work on various electrical and control systems, and able to adapt to any new equipment
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.