Skills: Company Man
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Columbus, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Leads a one to five person rig crew while safely operating well servicing or drilling rig components. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor-Rigs, Toolpusher
Directs Reports: Floorhand, Derrickhand
- Ensures all crew members are at the rig and prepared to work at the scheduled time
- Determines how a service job will be performed based on specific conditions at the well
- Performs routine operating functions and trouble shooting on all equipment with direction from operation personnel as well as the client company representative
- Operates the drawworks and assesses down hole conditions and well pressures
- Lifts, removes, or installs production equipment as required
- Handles jack stands, matting boards and assists in securing the guy wires
- Provides operating reports to the Field Supervisor-Rigs or Toolpusher
- Tests and monitors equipment using correct procedures
- Trains and directs the crew on safety and job procedures
- Establishes daily maintenance program for the rig
- Oversees the setting up, taking down, and transportation of drilling and service rigs
- Drives servicing rig as necessary to job site
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of basic mechanical functions
- Previous operation and safety experience as Derrickhand or Floorhand
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Class B CDL
- Level 1 Well Control Certification
- Position requires long periods of standing
- Ability to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment