At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for a UX Designer
to join their Technology Centre in Celle
The ongoing digitization and automation of our core business processes means software is becoming more and more important in the oil & gas industry, and we consider user experience a key success factor. The UX designer will be part of our growing UX team that is responsible for designing the user experience of our specialized software products that are used by highly skilled professionals.Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with users, stakeholders and development teams to design user interfaces for new and existing applications that are used on drilling rigs, in remote monitoring centers, maintenance workshops and office environments.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that bring simplicity to complex subject matter, resulting in a better user experience, reduced training time and improved efficiency.
- Develop and maintain user journeys, personas, navigation maps, wireframes, specifications, and other design documents.
- Understand the business needs, value and scope.
- Work with scrum teams to guide the implementation of your designs, adapting them when needed.
- Ensure that the user's needs are reflected while maintaining consistency across the software application.
- Contribute to the development of a new design system for web and desktop applications.
- Relevant experience as a UX designer, preferably with digital products for professionals in a technical domain.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design processes, sketching, user journeys, wireframing and design patterns.
- Passionate about usability and designing great user experiences.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with people from different disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Strong teamworking skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Interested in technology.
- Resilient attitude to challenging situations
- Creative, persistent, assertive, disciplined and self-motivated.
What we offer:
- Experience in collaborating with remote Teams.
- Experience with UX design for desktop applications.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Scrum Environment
- Training and Development, culture of continuous improvement
- Flexible working hours (35 hours a week)
- Language Courses, language tandem
- Networking Events and fun activities
- Family friendly employer