Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Finance & Economics Lead will be accountable for end to end delivery of products and managing stakeholder relationships. Developing financial & economic models per se is not the end objective, but to use that as a basis to deliver sound insights into strategy/portfolio/competitive positioning. These insights will be a component of strategy reviews mostly at VP+ level, with the Executive Committee and Board being the eventual target audience at times. He/she will manage delivery through
hands-on analysis and synthesis, guiding team members and collaborating with global teams.
• Is involved in hands-on delivery of a cross section of team projects, but is closely familiar with all projects being done in the team, and contributes to the thinking and reviews of all projects
• Brings own strong subject matter expertise in one or more areas of Upstream / Downstream / Integrated Gas
• Leads end-to-end delivery of projects - scoping, planning, day to day analysis, managing efforts of junior team members, client interfacing, conducting own analysis and reporting out
• Delivers required work streams or project components through own hands-on work through analysis, synthesis and report-out
• Supports junior team members by providing guidance for day to day project delivery and coaching on subject matter or functional skills
• Manages the relationship with clients by building a strong personal connect with senior stakeholders
• Builds own network in Shell to identify synergies, obtain / validate required data and viewpoints, and socialize findings to all relevant audience
• Demonstrates and promotes high quality project delivery by strict adherence to quality framework and provide inputs for enhancing the framework
Projects typically encompass financial and economic analysis across Upstream and Downstream and could involve the following:
• Financial modelling of companies to understand competitive positioning, identify early-stage NBD opportunities, identify distressed partners/suppliers, understand value drivers and competitive positioning in an industry
• Financial and economic analysis to support strategy and portfolio reviews, operating plans, strategic theme reviews, investor relations, etc.
• Economic/commercial analysis to support consultancy projects during diagnosis (e.g. industry profitability) and during synthesis/implementation (e.g. optimizing business models)
These are 6-8-week studies and are VP/GM sponsored usually supporting strategy and portfolio reviews. These projects could require collaboration with various teams (within SCI, Planning, Strategy, etc.) to obtain required inputs requiring the need for framing and structuring the problem clearly.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
• Commercial/Technical degree; MBA is an advantage, but a sound industry experience can compensate for not having an MBA
• Typically, 8+ years of professional experience in Oil & Gas related industries
• Financial modelling and valuation, ability to drive business/strategic insights using financial analysis
• Petroleum economics and understanding of fiscal systems
• Ability to analyse complex data and synthesize into meaningful insights
• Project management skills involving planning, resource allocation, people management etc.
• Awareness of key trends and geopolitics in the Oil & Gas space
Leadership attributes required
• Results-driven team player comfortable working in a diverse and fast-paced work environment; must deliver high quality results on tight timelines, while working effectively with stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and influence when needed
• Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex issues and concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Stakeholder management involving client engagement on problem framing, deliverables quality, issues management
• People skills on coaching and supervising delivery in an informal way
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.