Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Vlaardingen, South Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
HR Shared Service Manger
Manages the HR Shared Service Center team responsible for case management, fleet management and execution of personnel administration. In addition, the role is responsible for the managing various HR administrative projects, often in partnership with the HR Generalist.
- Acts as a leader and role model to achieve and sustain HR service delivery excellence
- Resolves on-going complex Human Resources related issues and tracks employee data utilizing HR technology systems and tools
- Provides advice and counsel to management and HR Generalist regarding current developments and trends in new hire programs and general HR administrative functions
- Collaborates with the HR Generalist and assesses the effectiveness of existing HR policies, guidelines and processes, recommending and implementing plan revisions as well as new plans, which are cost effective and consistent with prevailing practices among similar organizations
- Develops operating procedures and works with the HR Generalist and assigned staff to create/maintain operating procedures for HR programs
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for case management, fleet management and execution of personnel administration
- Advises and supports employees and management on personnel-related employment conditions, development, legal and other HR administration issues
- Identifies and initiates improvement proposals for employment conditions, absenteeism, administration, policies, procedures, partnerships, etc.
- Attends meetings of the works council, as needed
- Provides HR information / analysis and reports for business management / clients
- Partners with clients to shape improvement proposals based on business objectives & strategies
- Ensures optimization of HR processes, policies and procedures
- Coordinates, supervises and implements various HR administration projects
- Communicates changes in policy, etc. and ensures that the HR information on intranet / SharePoint is up to date
- Oversees periodic medical examination program
- Coordinates training courses in partnership with HR Generalist
- Reports long-term absence to the insurer / external parties as required
- Provides HR administration guidance to HR colleagues
- Partners with HR Generalist, Managing Director and other managers
- Manages a team of direct reports
- Provides leadership to ensure best practices and strategic goal milestones achievement
- Proactively recognizes when to coach and provide direction to team members and when lack of performance warrants corrective action
- Builds competence through staff development, conducts performance evaluations and recommends salary increases. Leverages expertise and competence of vendors
- Understands clients' requirements and provides high quality customer service in a timely and accurate manner. Continuously strives to assess customer needs either from the customer and/or through collaboration with the HR Generalist and provides support to meet those needs
- Identifies and evaluates changes in industry practices and business trends and recommends appropriate strategies to address these changes
- Recommends and implements strategies to capitalize on opportunities that will improve the Company's competitive position
- Bachelor's degree (e.g., Hbo) in Human Resources Management or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years' demonstrated experience managing HR services. Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working in an international corporation, including with colleagues in other countries preferred,
- Fluent in Dutch and English languages; spoken and written
- Proficient in HR policy and administrative procedures / processes. Experience researching best practices in developing recommendations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and HR information systems
- Strong project management and organizational skills with experience in a results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team and influence across multiple disciplines and functions
- Understanding of overall business strategies and implications of HR policies, decisions and program implementation
- In possession of a driving license
Skills & Competencies
- Supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills (listening, asking questions, consultation)
- Result and service-oriented
- Accuracy, with attention to detail
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.