Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are collecting resumes for future work we may have
~~· Witness and monitor suppliers / contractors work activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures and etc.
· Promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business.
· Assist review of EPCM's Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work.
· Ensure suppliers /contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
· Interface with the discipline engineer, construction engineer, and inspectors in a professional manner.
· Approve a work Supplier / Contractor has been by attending inspection / test or reviewing documents.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES)
· Oversee inspection of Coating (including Spray Metalizing and Fire Proofing) and Insulation activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
· Review original material / test certificate for compliances to codes and specifications.
· Ensure testing, measuring equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
· Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier's recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
· Verify HFE requirement against specification.
· Witness / Participate material Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiency with Contractors.
· Ensure installed fire proofing is certified for fire classification.
· Monitor LOTO, PTW and other energy control procedures for compliance.
· Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection or surveillance and immediately report to Inspection Coordinator / Quality Manager if any.
· Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
· Progressively review Supplier's / contractor's quality record.
· Assist Quality audit upon request.
· Actively participate Flawless Surveillance Program.
· Attend Mechanical Completion / Pre-commissioning final walk-down and sign on behalf of Client.
· Raise punch and verify punch items as soon as work is complete.
· Issue and follow up of Non-conformity Report.
· Liaise with Inspection leads and contractors to remed ate quality management problems.
· Discuss quality trend with Quality Engineer / Inspection Coordinator and provide improvement plan if any.
· Provide resolution of on-going quality issue in consultation with discipline engineer.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
· Requires certification(s) in the relevant inspection discipline and at least 5 - 10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment.
· Requires certification(s) in the relevant inspection discipline and over 10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment
· Requires certification(s) in one of the relevant inspection discipline(s) and over 10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment
· Obtained NACE certificate. (when it is required by code or regulation, obtain the certificate is mandatory)
· Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behavior Safety System, JSA's, act) and have competency in safety procedures.
· Have knowledge of industrial codes (NACE, SSPC. NFPA, ISO 9001 and etc).
· Able to read and understand Drawings
· Understand Project Completion System and able to use it
· Able to issue and follow up Non Conformity Report
· Able to review and approve EPC's Quality Plan
· Able to interface with other disciplines at the various stages.
· Able to identify MATERIALS that are sub-standard and that do not meet the requirements of the job specification (rogue and counterfeit items).
· · Able to review and interpret quality records and determine associated compliance with requirements (Performance data, test record, inspection record, MTR and other quality data and documents)
· Familiar with regulatory requirement (DOT, USCG, NMA, CSA, and etc) and classification rule (ABS, LR, DNV, BV and etc)
· Have knowledge of calibration of equipment and measuring requirements
· Familiar with Equipment Preservation Requirements and its position in the integrated preservation process. This includes preservation and safe shipment of products/ materials.
· Have knowledge of basic troubleshooting.
· Have knowledge and experience with gage control, calibration and gagging requirements and techniques.
· Able to review and understand planning techniques such as material control, shop order routings, process control plans, rework and refurbishing techniques and processes.
· Able to review and interpret technical requirements in contracts/purchase orders.
· associated documents/records relating to conformance /non-conformance, results from manufacturing processes and results from monitoring /measurement processes.
· Have knowledge of base metal, especially, exotic material.
· Understand and able to use surface preparation inspection instruments
· Understand liquid applied coating and curing mechanism
_ • Have knowledge of surface preparation equipment and various application methods.
· Understand coating failures
· Have knowledge of linings and special coating systems and fusion-bonded epoxy coating
· Have knowledge of hot-dip galvanizing
· Able to perform coating survey / evaluations
· Have advanced knowledge of surface preparation, coating and inspection criteria of special substrates
· Have knowledge of spray metalizing
· Have knowledge of fire proofing application.
· Have knowledge of type of insulation and its application.
· Must be organized and able to multi-task.
· Self disciplined and self motivated.
· Strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well with people at all levels of the Project / Site construction organization
· Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
· corrective and preventative actions and determination if these actions were effective.
· Should be able to use computer and programs (email, word processing and spreadsheets as a minimum) for general business applications.
· Written and oral communication skills with both individuals and groups.
· Read, write and speak fluent English.
· · Experience working in difficult locations and with diverse construction personnel (remote, foreign, arctic, etc.).
· Flexible work hours with weekend work required.
· Have a minimum Visual Acuity Corrected to 20/40
~~We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Please apply online only
Working with Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service. Our entrepreneurial spirit is the key to bringing quality and safety to life, helping our customers power ahead.
Intertek is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services with over 44,000 people across 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer people the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities on a global scale. In a world where a company’s success depends on its reputation for quality, safety, and socially responsible products and processes, Intertek employees and contractors make a difference. Whether it’s testing in the lab or field, engaging with customers, or helping our operations run smoothly, every role is essential to delivering Total Quality Assurance to our customers.
Intertek also provides specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Our competitive advantage lies in our unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. Intertek provides an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.