Skills: Accounting, Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hurth, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Finance Intern (m/f) will be a member of the Inspection Technologies global finance team focused on planning, reporting and analyzing the commercial performance of the business. The role requires close collaboration with leaders across various product line and regional leaders. The Finance Intern will also play a role in the annual target setting and capital allocation process. Possible start date would be June 1st.
- Run orders and sales reports and report actuals to leadership team
- Investigate and explain reasons for variances versus operating plan, prior year, prior quarter, and prior estimate
- Work on a dashboard that provides snapshot of status of commercial metrics
- Find ways to simply reporting and provide enhanced analytics
- Lead planning activities related to orders, for both short range and longer cycle planning activities
- Support capital allocation process
- College/ university degree or equivalent in Finance / Accounting / Management / Economics or other numerical based degree
- Previous analytical experience is a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a team player
- Responsible, self-motivated, ability to work independently and under pressure
- Good spreadsheet and computer proficiency (MS Excel & PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills in English essential
- Experience with systems like SAP, Business Objects, Hyperion & Salesforce.com
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more