Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Production Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Product Development Engineer is responsible, under direct supervision, for the execution of the technology strategic plan for either product design improvements or new product initiatives (NPI) related to the Polyflow product range employing conventional design techniques. At this level the PDE will have basic experience to assist in the design of complex assignments whilst maintaining timescales.
Essential Responsibilities:Required to be a member of a cross functional team supporting internal or external programs. Key accountabilities include: -
• Completion of all allocated technical deliverables within a given NPI program including ensuring that the checking and approval are iaw schedule requirements. These deliverables include drawings, design basis, calculations, data interpretation, specifications (scope, function, testing & qualification).
• Required to provide engineering support within a technology development program including production and, when required, approval of procedures applicable to product development programs, considering HSE requirements in relation to product design, manufacture and testing. Also needs to take an active role in continuous improvement/ cost out activities for product and process enhancements.
• Ensuring that Product Development, Quality, HSE and Engineering processes are followed for all allocated activities within a given NPI program iaw with BHGE, Industry and (where applicable) client standards, including PLM (Teamcentre) data generation to support sourcing and manufacturing of pipe samples.
• Ensuring completion of all applicable design reviews in relation to specific program schedules and agreed toll gates and participation in idea generation activities to support identification of development and NTI opportunities.
• Required to develop, define and, where applicable, check detailed work package planning and resource schedules to feed in to high level product development program plan.
• Ensure the timely release of Product Development information related to allocated work packages for incorporation into design guidelines and/or design tools by the responsible engineers.
• Support the definition of schedules and deliverables related to specific tasks allocated within a given NPI program considering all aspects of a given NPI program including production of product specifications, defining program scope and function, testing, qualification, associated documentation and timescales for approved development programs. Generate and/or check technical papers, publications or presentation materials as required.
• Support technical discussions, clarifications and qualifications with 3rd party IVA.Qualifications/Requirements:• A university degree in an Engineering related subject; related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Engineer/scientist working towards chartered status with a recognised institution.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Desired Characteristics:• Experience in polymer extrusion and/or polymer development & testing
• Experience of designing and developing products iaw API 15S
• Ability to work to a schedule and conduct work which may involve conflicting project requirements.
• Be a creative thinker to identify near term Engineering solutions.
• Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving .
• Good organisation skills with the ability to directly inform and instruct Engineers, Technicians and other employees of specific engineering and HSE requirements.
• Ability to guide the work within a team environment and technically lead a team of high level engineers.
• Have credibility and be well networked for influence ... able to open doors.
• Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities.
• Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written).
• Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completion.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more