To ensure compliance of Shell road transport activities with all legal, Shell global QHSSE policies/standards, road transport contracts, costs, processes and other relevant requirements in T&S RT operations in China. In addition, to provide visible presence in all business interfaces with stakeholders including Retail, Commercial Fuels, Order to Delivery. As well, work with hauliers to ensure trucks being deployed in T&S operations meet and exceed Shell as well as national regulations and local industry standards. Work with potential hauliers to develop their capability to meet and exceed Shell requirements
- Manage compliance with RT contracts for China, including: ensuring compliance towards contract for operational performance & requirements, leading dashboard and RT KPI (key performance indicators) review with all hauliers and control steps for stable operation and improvement opportunities.
- Effective engagement with CoBs (clusters of business) to: managing fleet and scope changes as enterprise requirements; alternative representative for T&S RT China in S&OP (sales & operation) process; and leading in managing issues at the interface of delivery sites.
- Support rest of the T&S RT contracts team on: fleet operations China, with drive and analysis for better fleet efficiency; planning and/or executing road delivery continuous improvement initiatives; participating in contract tender to prepare strategy paper and conduct bidding, review submission and negotiate with haulier with support from Shell CP (contract & procurement).
- On Operational Excellence: part of team to carry out haulier audits follow up improvement programs; participate in incident investigation and follow up on improvements; have clarity and effectiveness of the trainer roles in delivery training to haulier driver communities.
- On HSSE: manage RT HSSE activities, engage with hauliers to apply a culture of proactive HSSE management in operations ad amongst drivers and staff,, and support to carry out haulier HSSE audits and improvement programs
- On Leadership: fallback cover for leadership to the RT contracts team for China, whenever the Secondary Transport Manager is not available, and a RT lead alternative in engagements with CoBs, and haulier managements.
- On Road Transport Engineer: develop haulier maintenance operations and skill levels through onsite training and audit; coordinate with truck/tanker/trailer Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in China and other countries to develop future models which meet and exceed Shell requirements, design and operating standards; coordinate with 3rd party service providers/vendors of truck equipment (like SPD (sealed parcel delivery) and ATG (automated tank gauge)), IVMS (in-vehicle monitoring system) vendor, sensor vendors, driver training vendors etc.; establish efficient maintenance standard of vehicle, equipment, accessories, IVMS (Insight Browser) and transfer know how to haulier
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements
- Knowledge/Skill level in relevant area of expertise including:
- Road Transport HSSE Management
- Transport engineering and technology
- Distribution planning and operations
- Distribution information and data handling and automation
- S&D Wet Stock Management
- Leadership skills including effective communication, stakeholder management and project management
- Distribution industry analysis, including DG related rules and regulations
- Distribution customer service
- Knowledge/Skill level on contract negotiation, contract management and freight economics, with sound knowledge on Contractual agreements
- Economics and/or Analysts background is an advantage
- Any proficiency level on LEAN skills and knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Sound audit skills and incident analysis / incident investigation skills
- Technical knowledge of tanker truck standards and specifications
- Effective team player with ability to influence without formal authority
- Good English communication, as a minimum.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.