Company: Saudi Aramco (ASC)
Skills: Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Req Number: 17606BR
We are seeking a Base Oil & Lubricants Technical to join the Technical Development and Services Division of Base Oil and Finished Lubricants Department.
The Technical Development and Services Division is responsible for providing the following technical development and services for the base oils and lubricants:
• Advising regarding technology and product trends, formulation development and trends, and potential leveraging improvements.
• Identifying and monitoring technical programs such as base oil interchangeability and base oil slates linkage.
• Identifying the optimal lubricant formulations in all applications
• Identifying and monitoring formulations approvals (ATIEL, API, OEMs, etc)
• Providing technical support for customers
• Supporting the Technical Manager with additive companies, industry groups (API/ATIEL), OEMs and external consultants
• Supporting the Technical Manager in developing base oil specifications and controls of base oil products (Q&A program etc.).
The Base Oil & Lubricants Technical needs to be Familiar with API and ATIEL/ACEA regulations and trends you will have been exposed directly or indirectly to lubricant OEMs approvals, REACH registration, and ATIEL & ACEA activities. Candidate should have the ability to work within a team, be fluent in English (reading and writing) with excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills. The ability to speak an additional foreign language is preferred.
The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or another technical equivalent degree; an advanced degree will be an advantage.
You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the technical area of the lubricant industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
• Monitor technical programs such as base oil interchangeability and base oil slates linkage.
• Understand the optimal lubricant formulations.
• Monitor formulations approvals (ATIEL, API, OEMs, etc)
• Provide technical support for customers
• Support with additive companies, industry groups (API/ATIEL), OEMs and external consultants
• Support developing base oil specifications and controls of base oil products (Q&A program etc.).
Saudi Arabia's vast hydrocarbon resources will see Saudi Aramco become the world's leading integrated energy and chemical company by 2020. Our Chemicals business is a critical, high-profile new enterprise for us and requires committed people with insight, experience and technical expertise.
We can offer professionals from diverse backgrounds and specialties a solid, secure future - not to mention extensive international exposure and the opportunity to see your ideas become reality. Work at the forefront of the industry and see how your career evolves with invested time and effort. It's a chance to make a huge impact both on the local economy and on a global scale.